SCRATCH-IT! Original Custom Scratchplates & Pickguards to YOUR Design . . .

What's Hot

Comments

• ChéChé Frets: 304
    So yeah... if you could just send me that Batman comic Tele that would be great, thanks! :D 

Looks mint, I actually thought it was translucent before I got over admiring it and reading your post, 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimAlTimAl Frets: 25
    Haha Ché - thanks.

The Batman Tele's sold but I do have a Flying V & a Warlock that I'm just about to put up for sale - so the Batman theme's not over yet . . .

SCRATCH-IT!
    Custom scratchplates - easily create your own online in seconds
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 360
    May be sending you another template in the very near future as I'm modding another Melody Maker.
  • DaleftyDalefty Frets: 508
    Do you by any chance do custom humbucker rings? As ain I sen you a pair and you produce an exact copy of them in any colour of my choice?  Does anybody actually do that in the U.K.?

DaLefty
    Both dog and owner available for stud, please contact DaLefty if interested
    edited March 2015
    cbilly22 said:
    May be sending you another template in the very near future as I'm modding another Melody Maker.
    That's great cbilly - look forward to it & thanks for the vote of confidence! 

Dalefty said:
    Do you by any chance do custom humbucker rings? As ain I sen you a pair and you produce an exact copy of them in any colour of my choice?  Does anybody actually do that in the U.K.?
    Sorry Dalefty but they're produced using a completely different process so I'm afraid I can't help. My eyes did light up when I read your post but logistically I see the colours being limited to the plastics & I suspect financially it'd be absolutely impossible to compete with the Far East on prices. Sorry, T.

SCRATCH-IT!
    TimAl said:

Sorry Dalefty but they're produced using a completely different process so I'm afraid I can't help. My eyes did light up when I read your post but logistically I see the colours being limited to the plastics & I suspect financially it'd be absolutely impossible to compete with the Far East on prices. Sorry, T.

I'm just looking for plain black if that makes a difference, I have a guitar that require new humbucker rings, and I can't find any anywhere to fit it, I've bought dozens in the last few weeks alone looking for ones that will fit but can't find any, so figured I would have to go down the custom route.

DaLefty
    Trouble is they're about 5mm thick & I don't stock that thickness of plastic, plus every single humbucker in the world seems to be a slightly different size, as I think you've found out!

Having said all that, if you can send me a full set of dimensions I'll see what I can do - so outside width & height; inside 'hole' width & height; screw hole centres width & height.

Cheers
    Tim

SCRATCH-IT!
    TimAl said:
    Trouble is they're about 5mm thick & I don't stock that thickness of plastic, plus every single humbucker in the world seems to be a slightly different size, as I think you've found out!

Having said all that, if you can send me a full set of dimensions I'll see what I can do - so outside width & height; inside 'hole' width & height; screw hole centres width & height.

Cheers
    Tim
    I can send you the actual ring, as I plan to send you a scratch plate or two in the next few weeks, I'm sick to death of cutting them by hand so would rather pay some else to do it.

DaLefty
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I honestly thought i had mentioned this long ago but it appears i havn't.

Tim lives close to me so we met for a coffee and he borrowed a few scratchplates from me to copy for his template library.

He is a great bloke, as honest as the day is long as his products are as good as they look.

If anyone is thinking of dealing with him, do so in confidence.

Best of luck Tim !

Andy
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Dalefty
    said:
    I can send you the actual ring, as I plan to send you a scratch plate or two in the next few weeks, I'm sick to death of cutting them by hand so would rather pay some else to do it.
    So sorry Dalefty, I thought I'd replied to you but appears not - I'd be more than happy to see if I can help - please drop me a line to hello@originalscratchplates & I'll give you all the details.

Alnico said:
    I honestly thought i had mentioned this long ago but it appears i havn't.

Tim lives close to me so we met for a coffee and he borrowed a few scratchplates from me to copy for his template library.

He is a great bloke, as honest as the day is long as his products are as good as they look.

If anyone is thinking of dealing with him, do so in confidence.

Best of luck Tim !

Andy
    Andy - hope you're well & thanks so much for the glowing feedback. The plates are going really well & I'm chuffed to be doing something that actually makes people happy! All I need now is a big name to get them seen by the masses . . .

Merry Weekend all
    Tim

SCRATCH-IT!
  • Do you have to worry about copyright issues at all with your images?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Do you have to worry about copyright issues at all with your images?
    Yes, I do & I fully expect a knock at the door one day from Mr Duff or Mr Gulf - although to be fair I've only generated a couple using trademarks/copyrighted images - the rest are either created by myself or are copyright-free images - but as I'm not bringing the said 'brands' into disrepute or cutting into their profits I suspect I'd receive a hearty pat on the back for promoting said brands to a wider audience . . .

Probably ;-)

SCRATCH-IT!
  • TimAl said:
    Do you have to worry about copyright issues at all with your images?
    Yes, I do & I fully expect a knock at the door one day from Mr Duff or Mr Gulf - although to be fair I've only generated a couple using trademarks/copyrighted images - the rest are either created by myself or are copyright-free images - but as I'm not bringing the said 'brands' into disrepute or cutting into their profits I suspect I'd receive a hearty pat on the back for promoting said brands to a wider audience . . .

Probably ;-)
    Fair enough ;) I'm sure if you aren't doing it to add value or claim it is a product endorsed by them that's probably enough - I suppose you could argue what you are doing is no more illegal than someone taking pictures at disneyland and printing them at boots - it costs the same whether it's a picture of mickey mouse or an old pair of pants, licensed or not.

Best of luck with the business, I'll keep you in mind if I'm ever in need...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10352
    tFB Trader
    Fancy talking Oil City branded plates? Might be an interesting alternative for us to selling branded T shirts or mugs :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    @ littlethoughts - thank you, & very concisely & eloquently put too. Ultimately I'm not cashing in on them, I'm helping to spread the good word of their brands. Seriously, I think my moral code is very good but I'm not so sure about it being the same as the letter of the law . . .

@ TheGuitarWeasel - that sounds a mighty fine idea - love the idea of working together. Drop me a line to hello@originalscratchplates.com when you have a mo & we can talk turkey & run through a few ideas.

Cheers
    Tim

SCRATCH-IT!
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2575
    tFB Trader
    Tim, Love this! if you were supplied clear plastic perspex can you print on anything?

thanks

Michael
    Modulus_Amps;624313" said:
    Tim, Love this! if you were supplied clear plastic perspex can you print on anything?

thanks

Michael
    Thanks Michael, that's very kind of you to say.

We print in process colour onto exterior grade vinyl & bond that to clear acrylic - so in principle Yes!

We use shatterproof acrylic - as it's a lot more forgiving when fixing - but am more than happy to discuss other options.

Cheers
    Tim

SCRATCH-IT!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2575
    tFB Trader
    Great, I will drop you an e-mail

Thanks

Michael
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom