Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

the band arsehole...

What's Hot

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    IanSavage said:

If it's alright by you, I stopped reading at that point.
    Fine, fine. Just don't tell the wife.

I think you meant "fine, I just hope the wife isn't reading this........"

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    I guess we all have a tale or two of arsehole band members. My experience came in the form of a drummer too. Great drummer but impossible to deal with :( Negative, sarcastic, disrespectful, turned up late, never followed band attire rules at gigs... the list goes on. So glad we fell out and he walked. Shame but good riddance IMO
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
    It also works if the whole band are arseholes.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    chrisj1602 said:
    It also works if the whole band are arseholes.
    It seems to be the way to write a classic album or two, certainly.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • In a band of arseholes, wouldn't the person acting normally technically be the pain in the arse?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    ^^No, he would be the drummer

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Acting normally for a drummer is surely something they only do in private?

I'm pretty sure if i was in a band I'd be the arsehole, which is no surprise I'm sure. Ive only really performed solo and i even annoyed myself
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NomadNomad Frets: 549

My 'band' is a solo project, therefore I must be the band arsehole.

Logic can be a bitch sometimes...

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    Wen I saw the thread title, I thought it would be about a band called arsehole! Actually it would be pretty cool, you could call the band 'Our soul'!
  • Had one - the previous rhythm guitarist. Almost always late, sometimes slept through rehearsals, never answered his phone/texts/Facebook/emails, gave us constant bullshit and never delivered on his commitments (including recording his parts for the album, then pretended not to know about the deadline when each of us had mentioned it to him in the previous weeks).

Got rid of him, got a new guy who's keen as anything and actually good at playing.

As a result, I now believe the band arsehole is me.
    embrace that role my brother. Someone has to fill those shows. 

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Ive seen a band called 4play along the same lines
  • Had one - the previous rhythm guitarist. Almost always late, sometimes slept through rehearsals, never answered his phone/texts/Facebook/emails, gave us constant bullshit and never delivered on his commitments (including recording his parts for the album, then pretended not to know about the deadline when each of us had mentioned it to him in the previous weeks).

Got rid of him, got a new guy who's keen as anything and actually good at playing.

As a result, I now believe the band arsehole is me.
    embrace that role my brother. Someone has to fill those shows. 

Hahaha!! :D
  • mike_l said:

It's me.

Hang on, I'm not in a band.

Shit.

Lol!! :D
  • axisus said:
    Wen I saw the thread title, I thought it would be about a band called arsehole! Actually it would be pretty cool, you could call the band 'Our soul'!
    Hahahah, this thread is too funny lol!!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    thomasross20;381649" said:
    axisus said:

Hahahah, this thread is too funny lol!!
    closest I know of is a ska band called the SkaSouls.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bassist just walked, sorted.  Everyone now actually is enjoying practice time and we're getting some real progress made.
    Thank F**k he has gone.
    Suspected failed lead guitarist frontman who turned to Bass so he could get into a band.
    Happy Days
    Funny though, the band Arsehole is still there playing rhythm, happily.
  • GuitarseGuitarse Frets: 165
    Couldn't agree more with the original poster. Luckily for me, I'm in the 'right' band for me these days and all's well (comes with age and experience). There's nothing worse than having some talenetless dickhead who thinks they are talented and are really only in it for themselves, with an ego bigger than their ability. We've all met them. There's pretty much always ONE!
    Never ever bloody anything, ever!
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26573
    edited October 2014
    Guitarse said:
    Luckily for me, I'm in the 'right' band for me these days and all's well
    You're missing the point. It's not about you...the band arsehole is always the one who's not in the right band for them.
    <space for hire>
  • When I was younger it was definitely me. I did all the writing and arranging and tended to get a bit precious if things weren't going my way.

In my old covers band it was the bassist who, if it hadn't been for his gf being the lead singer, would've been out on his arse well before I eventually left. The lead guitarist was a pain as well but atleast he could sing and play.

Nowadays I'm far more chilled, to the point that my mate (who is the drummer in our Police covers band and was the drummer in our originals band) even comments and I can now recognise arsehole behaviour in others and steer clear or adjust my attitude accordingly.

"As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • GuitarseGuitarse Frets: 165

Guitarse said:
    Luckily for me, I'm in the 'right' band for me these days and all's well
    You're missing the point. It's not about you...the band arsehole is always the one who's not in the right band for them.
    Not missing the point at all. Read the rest. What I mean by the 'right' band for me is being in a band without the band arsehole, no egotistical bullshit. We're all beyond that!
    Never ever bloody anything, ever!