Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

the band arsehole...

What's Hot

Comments

• Guitarse said:

Guitarse said:
    Luckily for me, I'm in the 'right' band for me these days and all's well
    You're missing the point. It's not about you...the band arsehole is always the one who's not in the right band for them.
    Not missing the point at all. Read the rest. What I mean by the 'right' band for me is being in a band without the band arsehole, no egotistical bullshit. We're all beyond that!
    pfffffft

Everyone has to do it my way!
    They can either suck my balls or get on with it :-D
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    axisus said:
    Wen I saw the thread title, I thought it would be about a band called arsehole! Actually it would be pretty cool, you could call the band 'Our soul'!

Or indeed, "band of arseholes" - BOA 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • any band the (w)hole is greater than the sum of the parts. ie our band is a united equalitarian collective who band together to make one giant arsehole
  • I think I'm the band's arsehole. I ask for chord charts not lyric sheets with chords added (usually in the wrong place). I talk about foldback, lights, backdrops, the MU, and partnership agreements. I'm a right PITA.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • I think I'm the band's arsehole. I ask for chord charts not lyric sheets with chords added (usually in the wrong place). I talk about foldback, lights, backdrops, the MU, and partnership agreements. I'm a right PITA.
    See, that's called "dad" in my band.

It's me.
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    think I may be the orchestra arsehole this week, haven't practised anything we worked on last week until this afternoon. Good thing there are about 20 of us, so good odds someone else hasn't as well.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

It's me.
    Hi Dad.......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

It's me.
    except that (at 57) I'm the youngest in the band!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_l said:
    Hi Dad.......
    No, really. They all call me "Dad". My daughter doesn't appreciate it very much ;)
    <space for hire>

I used to work with a nice lady (Debbie) we all called "Mum*". Cos she really mothered us all.

So you must be a really fatherly figure.... Or keep the drummer under control....

*It was me that gave her the nickname.....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Did I mention that the other guitarist is younger than my daughter?

Yes, I feel very old.
    <space for hire>
    And you're younger than me, which is worse..........

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Bunch of old knobbers.  ;)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • chrisbirchchrisbirch Frets: 7
    edited October 2014
    Had one - the previous rhythm guitarist. Almost always late, sometimes slept through rehearsals, never answered his phone/texts/Facebook/emails, gave us constant bullshit and never delivered on his commitments (including recording his parts for the album, then pretended not to know about the deadline when each of us had mentioned it to him in the previous weeks).

Got rid of him, got a new guy who's keen as anything and actually good at playing.

As a result, I now believe the band arsehole is me.

@digitalscream  Ha, That's only 'cos I'm not in your band.....glad it's going well bud, I'd love to comment on band arseholes but sadly I think at times it's definitely been me, although I've been matched a time or two.

Lateness, not learning stuff when you say you will, and I'm not talking having it totally spot on, I mean, not even being bothered to listen to it at all so you don't know the structure, kicking off at the rest of the band because this and that aint good enough, when your bit's written on a piece of paper hanging on the mic stand, Moaning like fuck about the material and junking half the setlist on a regular basis and then contributing 0 ideas, agreeing to learn songs and then chucking them out after 3 weeks when they finally decided that their bits a tad too difficult and every other muther has sweated for 3 weeks learning it, and piss poor dress sense to have all featured, needless to say it all adds to the fun, innit..
  • @digitalscream  Ha, That's only 'cos I'm not in your band.....glad it's going well bud, I'd love to comment on band arseholes but sadly I think at times it's definitely been me, although I've been matched a time or two.

Lateness, not learning stuff when you say you will, and I'm not talking having it totally spot on, I mean, not even being bothered to listen to it at all so you don't know the structure, kicking off at the rest of the band because this and that aint good enough, when your bit's written on a piece of paper hanging on the mic stand, Moaning like fuck about the material and junking half the setlist on a regular basis and then contributing 0 ideas, agreeing to learn songs and then chucking them out after 3 weeks when they finally decided that their bits a tad too difficult and every other muther has sweated for 3 weeks learning it, and piss poor dress sense to have all featured, needless to say it all adds to the fun, innit..
    Ah, Chris...welcome :)

The unfortunate thing is that I know exactly who you're talking about... ;)
    <space for hire>
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Drew_fx said:
    In my band it is me.
    i'm not even in your band and i agree... ;)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214

If you don't know who it is in your band then its you :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • In my band everyone is dad except the singer, who sleeps like a teenager at weekends so whoever gets to his place first on Saturday usually wakes him up.  Even when the meet time is as late as 2pm this happens.  
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696

The guy in an old band I was who fulfilled this role was actually ginger.. and posts on this fourm sometimes. However, he flounced off, refused to explain why but had flounced once but he fingered me for it despite the rest of the not understanding what his issue was. No one else in the band knew what his deal was.

After that, the rest of the band turned into a**holes and let me go .. so maybe I was the ass but now Im in a proper band with actual human beings with working emotions and the like.

• There is only two people in our band currently - Mrs Randomhandclaps and myself.  I put the possibility of every band having an arsehole to her and asked her who she thought the arsehole was in our band.  I did not like her answer.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom