EHX Small stone

TamDBTamDB Frets: 6
edited October 2014 in FX
I just gor me one of these for a next to nothing,

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x192/TamBaird/EHXSmallStone.jpg

It seems to work fine, but i`m not sure what it SHOULD sound like, are they rated as any good ?.
I know it`s the Russian version, which is somehow different from the US one, so any comments / opinions gratefully received, cheers, Tam.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Totally cool! I've got the US version, and it either does subtle (colour down) or massive swooshes (colour up).

Rate is pretty wide, at the far right you get a sort of ring-mod type sound.

The settings that you've got it on above give what I think to be the most 'typical' phaser sound.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Lovely! One of these and a phase 90, and you're basically sorted for phaser. Neither of them have been surpassed imho.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7140
    Drew_fx said:
    Lovely! One of these and a phase 90, and you're basically sorted for phaser. Neither of them have been surpassed imho.
    Red WItch Deluxe Moon Phaser surpasses both of these for me.

I've owned just about every version of the the EH & MXR pedals and the Red Witch is way more useful / versatile and its stereo too!

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• I really like the nano or neo version of the small stone. 

But I do think the Mr Black Gilamondo has loads more sounds. 
    And the Empress Phaser, Red Witch and possibly the Keeley

but the EHX is no bad pedal at all
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7140
    I have a Nano SmallStone and I'd agree its a good phaser.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• TamDBTamDB Frets: 6
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the replies guys, I did have a rough idea it was pretty good, and for £18-00, I just couldn`t refuse now could I  :D