Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

How many pedals are off your board?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    viz said:
    TheCount said:
    34....ebay calling

yep, should be able to pick up a few bargains from there.

LOL or wisdom, or both?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    Hmm, about 7 on board, and about 10 off. 

As a minimum I need to shift one wah and a couple of drives/fuzzes, but I like having them on the shelf
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2356
    p90fool said:
    Pedals are the one thing I do hoard, simply because every new guitar or amp will have a pedal it works best with, and it could be one from the cupboard rather than a current favourite.

Just a very simple example, with a mid-heavy 1x10 Pro Jr I prefer a Bad Monkey to a Tubescreamer, with a Twin Reverb it's the opposite.

I just installed some Gold foil pickups in one guitar and now I'm digging out little-used fuzz pedals, most of which sound fantastic with them.

Unless I'm desperate for the odd fifty quid I keep them all.
    Yeah definitely. That's what I'm struggling with at the moment... it seems silly to waste a space on a board for a pedal that's 99% the same, but if it sounds slightly better with a certain amp it seems a shame to have it in the cupboard too.
  • TheCountTheCount Frets: 274
    mike_l said:
    viz said:
    TheCount said:
    34....ebay calling

yep, should be able to pick up a few bargains from there.
    That's the problem, can't sell em faster than I can buy them :))
  • Last time I had major bass gas I added up the value of all the "guitar things that I never use but are useful so best to keep them around" and realised I had about £300 of stuff lying unused just in the off chance I might need it in the future. The "only worth £15 so not worth selling" items add up mighty fast.

So I flogged it and bought my shiny new bass which gets used all the time.

Unless they're super rare you can buy them back for what you sold them for anyway.
  • Last time I had major bass gas I added up the value of all the "guitar things that I never use but are useful so best to keep them around" and realised I had about £300 of stuff lying unused just in the off chance I might need it in the future. The "only worth £15 so not worth selling" items add up mighty fast.

Unless they're super rare you can buy them back for what you sold them for anyway.
    I was pretty much the same but I was closer to £3k+ in pedals and guitars :-S

Once you have 1 solid guitar/pedal it is worth more than 10 lesser ones. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Last time I had major bass gas I added up the value of all the "guitar things that I never use but are useful so best to keep them around" and realised I had about £300 of stuff lying unused just in the off chance I might need it in the future. The "only worth £15 so not worth selling" items add up mighty fast.

Yeah that's true :))

There's still the bother aspect, though- it takes as much time to take pics and parcel up a Joyo as it does to parcel up a Landgraff. Except you get £10 back instead of ~£200.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    edited October 2014
    I've got about 12 pedals. 

None cost a lot of money in the general scheme of things (i.e. all are in the sub £80 bracket). 

Three are ever-presents (flanger, delay, reverb). 

The rest come and go according to taste and need. 

There's nothing I'm GASsing for at present, but I don't feel the need to sell any, because my kids are getting older and may well get into the guitar, so they can have them. 
  • frankus;382717" said:
    I work on one simple rule "a pedal off a board is really a pointer that another type of board is required".

Currently:

Posh, DIY, Grunge, Mini, Loopy

I've got a few pedals floating about.. but they're headed for a board for my eldest who picked up his guitar again yesterday :)
    I think I love you.

This is the best idea I've heard for a long time.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I'm a pedal junky but not a hoarder, so none off the boards.
    ^ For the sake of full disclosure, how many boards do you have? :))

Seems like you're trying to use semantics to prove you're not a hoarder. I'm not having that. My plan is to use semantics to prove I'm not a hoarder! :D