Need schooling on Faith guitars wtb.

What's Hot
ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6121
in Acoustics tFB Trader
As it says on the tin, do any of you guys have experiences with faith guitars? the good points? the bad? anything i should avoid? cheers in advance
Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've got the Mercury Naked parlour jobbie. Absolutely cracking guitar for the money I paid (2nd hand off eBay), it plays really well, sounds great and is well put together. I'm not sure how good the 'naked' finish will look in a few years, but I'm not worried about that...road worm is all the rage I hear!

Would most definitely buy another one of their range if I wanted something different.
  • For me they are generally the best sub £1000 guitar on the market. 
    I bought a Venus Hi-Gloss a few years back and haven't even sniffed at another acoustic. 
    Mine is all solid woods, ebony fret board, feels like a Les Paul to play, rings like a bell and has a really well balanced voicing. 

The downside? My Piezo system is dead as a dodo. Apparently it is common on the older models. 
    But I dont amp it up so its no real issue for me at the moment but worth keeping an eye out for. 

Another forum member mentioned that his daughters hardcase fell to bits with continual use. Mine is has been rock solid and still looks brand new. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6121
    tFB Trader
    For me they are generally the best sub £1000 guitar on the market. 
    I bought a Venus Hi-Gloss a few years back and haven't even sniffed at another acoustic. 
    Mine is all solid woods, ebony fret board, feels like a Les Paul to play, rings like a bell and has a really well balanced voicing. 

The downside? My Piezo system is dead as a dodo. Apparently it is common on the older models. 
    But I dont amp it up so its no real issue for me at the moment but worth keeping an eye out for. 

Another forum member mentioned that his daughters hardcase fell to bits with continual use. Mine is has been rock solid and still looks brand new. 

For me they are generally the best sub £1000 guitar on the market. 

I like the idea of it being as easy as a les Paul to play. I prefer electric and always have but as I get older I'm learning to embrace acoustic music
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • You are welcome to try mine if you are near northampton.

PMT usually stock multiple models too if you have one near by?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I have the Neptune Trembessi. It's a superb instrument and I've had many comments as to the sound it produces. It was amazing value for the money (did a deal in the shop at about £600).

The only thing it doesn't have, which I'd like is a scratchplate (even a clear one) but it certainly was no deal breaker.
    tFB Trader
    You are welcome to try mine if you are near northampton.

PMT usually stock multiple models too if you have one near by?
    thanks, thats very kind of you. i have a pmt in bristol near work so i might pop in.

I have the Neptune Trembessi. It's a superb instrument and I've had many comments as to the sound it produces. It was amazing value for the money (did a deal in the shop at about £600).

The only thing it doesn't have, which I'd like is a scratchplate (even a clear one) but it certainly was no deal breaker.
    i love negotiating so ill look forward to seeing if i can get myself a bargain
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    The Mercury Naked that I picked up and played when I purchased my Martin LXM, almost made me re-think, but I needed something smaller and solid/child proof, the LXM was perfect (doesn't sound as good though).

I do still wonder now whether I should have got the Faith for the sublime sound and quality. It may have had the odd knock by now, but I do miss that full sound.
  • The case thing was me. It is my daughters.
    It is what I would call a "soft" hardcase. Did not do well on the tube going to gigs.
    She has a Saturn. Overall very nice ,but we had a few problems.
    The machines failed and had to be replaced. Not good,as she was at a gig and could not tune it.
    The electrics are not brilliant. We tried replacing the piezo , did not really help. The sound engineers turn everything on it to a minimum and sort it via the desk.
    In fact now she has turned "pro" she is looking for something more reliable. That said as a home instrument it is very nice. As a pro level tool, not up to the job. In fact about to start a thread for advice as to what she should get...
    tFB Trader
    The case thing was me. It is my daughters.
    It is what I would call a "soft" hardcase. Did not do well on the tube going to gigs.
    She has a Saturn. Overall very nice ,but we had a few problems.
    The machines failed and had to be replaced. Not good,as she was at a gig and could not tune it.
    The electrics are not brilliant. We tried replacing the piezo , did not really help. The sound engineers turn everything on it to a minimum and sort it via the desk.
    In fact now she has turned "pro" she is looking for something more reliable. That said as a home instrument it is very nice. As a pro level tool, not up to the job. In fact about to start a thread for advice as to what she should get...

Well, I just bought a Saturn eclipse from a fellow forumite. It's going to be home use only. The case seems nice but I see what you mean about soft/hard. Ref pro level acoustics, my father in law (to be) has been looking at a UK builder called fylde and a Canadian brand called larrivee. Both seem amazing.
  • Thanks ,will have a look at them. The requirement is different as a working instrument to what we all look for. Will also look at Yamaha.
    The main thing will to be able to stay in tune. At the last gig they kept it off of stage and one if the road crew kept checking it and hand it to her when she changes from her strat to an acoustic...
  • MDKVMDKV Frets: 56
    Good guitars.  When I worked in a guitar shop we used to sell them and I was impressed with the consistency. I also don't remember getting one back so should be reliable too.  
  • I really want to try the various non-electro Neptunes. Or maybe, from a financial responsibility point of view, I really don't :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hello from the other side of the pond.   I just recently purchased a Blood Moon Venus.  Love the guitar, hate the DR strings it came with. I was wondering what you all have been using.  I've been a fan of  elixirs for years and am tempted to replace the stock with a set of Phosphor Bronze Polywebs   or the HD lites.... thoughts?