New Hiscox Case... uh... year.

What's Hot
EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
I bought a Hiscox case a couple of months ago.

It's good. In fact, it's really good. It's about as good as you could want a case to be whilst weighing basically nothing. There's a picture on the Hiscox site of people standing on the case. I did that. I am heavy. The case neither flinched or flexed. 

Good case. FIVE STARS yes.

If you need a case for your nice guitar, these are good ones. 

That was me doing a review. I hope it was informative.

3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26946
    I agree with him! ^^
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    I'm with you all the way there chap. Excellent all purpose cases. I've two. Need another two.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26946
    I have 3, I think. Or 4, possibly. Yup, think it's 4. I'd have more if they did one for the 339/336 shape
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Need one more Tele case, and one for a Telemaster thing, so I'd imagine an offset case would cover it?
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    I should think so - that's their Jaguar case (STD-EJAG). It's a snug fit around the top strap button, but not a problem. 
    It's a 25" neck too, but there's a good 1/2" of clearance above the headstock.
    EdGrip;384106" said:
    I should think so - that's their Jaguar case (STD-EJAG). It's a snug fit around the top strap button, but not a problem. It's a 25" neck too, but there's a good 1/2" of clearance above the headstock.
    Marvellous. Ta.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3068
    They're brilliant. I have a 17 year old LP case and it's as good as the day I bought it.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72298
    More years ago than I care to remember, not long after I'd just bought a 1971 Martin D12-35 and a brand new Hiscox case for it, I was somewhat the worse for beer and decided to demonstrate to a friend the famous "12 stone nutter standing on the lid" advert they used to put in the guitar magazines. With the guitar inside, of course. I think I even bounced up and down on it a bit… although luckily, I am a fair bit less than 12 stone.

I still have the case and the (undamaged) Martin.

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7333
    ...do you live with your Granny?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Hiscox are indeed tremendous, still made in the UK (just down the road from where I grew up, actually!) and the best light / medium-weight cases money can buy. I've told this story before, but I've got a Hiscox that's been around the world with me, stickered to hell with all the places I've been so it's got tremendous sentimental value; when I changed guitar I took it to them and the re-padded it to better suit my new one as well as tweaking / tightening the clasps and aluminium edgy-bits as needed.

They had the cheek to try and charge me nothing for it as well, I felt obliged to force a tenner into the guy's top pocket. Amazing service and lovely people. 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    57Deluxe said:

...... I live with my ma and pa. :(
  • I've got a silver lined one too, and I love it! It's my first hard case, and it fits my guitar so well, and I feel totally safe when I travel on buses or take it places!! 
  • EdGrip;384270" said:
    57Deluxe said:

I actually live with my nan.

It explains a lot.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My next hard case will be a Hiscox... or maybe another SKB. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    Great cases
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72298
    My next hard case will be a Hiscox... or maybe another SKB. 
    Make it the Hiscox.

My experience with SKBs is that they're nowhere near as robust despite looking superficially similar. They're also noticeably heavier.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

EdGrip;384270" said:
    57Deluxe said:

I actually live with my nan.

It explains a lot.

You lucky bastard. Always a cup of tea and some nice cake on the go when mine were alive. Happy days.
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    ICBM said:
    I was somewhat the worse for beer
    :D
  • I've had a Hiscox case for 20 years or something and they are amazingly robust. The only damage done was when I leant it against a gas fire (when empty) and it blistered. So don't do that.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    NervousJohn;384436" said:
    I've had a Hiscox case for 20 years or something and they are amazingly robust. The only damage done was when I leant it against a gas fire (when empty) and it blistered. So don't do that.
    A Relic Hiscox case!

How much do you want for it?