Gary Remix Numan

SnapSnap Frets: 6264

Something I did for a competition a while ago. Didn't win, must have been fixed!

Kept the vocal and a couple of drumloops from the original (from a 2013 release), and did the rest from scratch.

Thanks for listening and any comments

cheers
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Good production...the styles not for me though sorry !

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Hey cheers anyway! At least you could be arsed!!
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    edited October 2014
    Yep...everyone gets a listen !

Just Like me....people spend hours, maybe weeks perfecting their perfect piece...the least you can do is give it a few minutes. 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1206
    Very high quality work @Snap! ;Sounds like Depeche Mode covering GN in places (I mean this as a compliment).

You've clearly got your electronic/industrial chops nailed. Only thing that surprised me was you keeping the same riff under the chorus. I liked the pulsing electro feel under the verse and would have liked it to continue more in that vein. That's just me though. Overall, I think your version is actually more atmospheric than the original (just listened on YouTube)!

Did go seeing him once, around 2000-ish. Nice to see he's still at it. Quite liked the stuff he came out with in the 90s and I was into that whole Depeche/NIN rock/electronic crossover stuff. 

Anyway. Great remix and thanks for sharing.
    Cheers mate, cool comments. His latest album is the best he's done in years IMO. Used alchemy a lot in that, for the voices and pads, and Arturia iSEM for the bass lines. Also used Waldorf Nave which is a cracking synth, very powerful and big. Complicated too. The final lead is done on that. Plenty of standard instruments in there too, bass and guitar.
    Snap said:
    Cheers mate, cool comments. His latest album is the best he's done in years IMO. Used alchemy a lot in that, for the voices and pads, and Arturia iSEM for the bass lines. Also used Waldorf Nave which is a cracking synth, very powerful and big. Complicated too. The final lead is done on that. Plenty of standard instruments in there too, bass and guitar.
    I'm rather ignorant regarding synths and plugins, Alchemy is a new one on me but obviously sounds great! Ditto the iSEM and Nave. There's always been something about Waldorf sounds - they're so powerful and "klangy" and always remind me of 80s-era Tangerine Dream (showing my age).  

Very much at the budget end of things myself. Got Komplete 9 a while back and am a bit overwhelmed by the options in that! Also have the OPX-ProII plugin which sounds great but is hard for a gonk like me to edit in any effective way.
    I know what you mean, there's so much to go at. I have Komplete in my sights for sure.

On the remix, all the synths are on the ipad, played via an Alesis Q49 controller, and connected to the DAW via an interface.

This thing with the ipad is that you can get so many great synths for not a lot of money. Nave is a cracker - a hybrid of a PPG and an analogue synth - all sorts of sounds, very contemporary too.

I've got an official emulation of a Mellotron on there, by the original manufacturers, so it has the original sounds, its ace. ipad synth - love em.
    Yes, I think it's the PPG Wave type sounds that remind me of Tangerine Dream.

Don't own an ipad so none of this is available to me. Pity as there's loads of cheap-yet powerful stuff. Being a bit thick, it hadn't even dawned on me that this was possible but I love the idea of just being able to set the control knobs and sliders via the screen without having to map midi controllers to some sort of hardware unit!
    honestly, the ipad has been the most stimulating piece of musical kit i have bought in years. Worth every penny. The music stuff is studio grade, not shoddy at all. A lot of the reprodcution stuff (as in the moogs, etc) is better than the original hardware, or certainly on a par with them. Really surprised I was
  • Just got it on now. Making Music is the dusty end of TheFB. 8-X Almost Zep atmospherics, which I wasn't expecting. :)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Thanks Eric, I'll have that thagyouveymush.

yes, this is indeed the dusty end of the forum. Shame, ther's some good stuff doing the rounds too.