I have a dirty little secret...

not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
...and it's blinking fantastic. 

The new Mkiii version, so once again I've been suckered in by that Andy and his you tube demos, but like the Supernatural Reverb this one lives up to the hype. 

Really responsive pedal, I've just used it at rehearsal (first time I even switched it on) and it's straight away going to become the foundation of my sound. I'm playing rock covers so it's just perfect for Lizzy/Free/Zep/Hendrix etc etc. 

After watching the demos and reading the manual I decided to set it to the Super Bass mode. I've not tried the Super Lead mode yet as I didn't want the rest of the band waiting round while I unscrew the back plate and messed with it (I really wish it had an external toggle switch for switching modes). 

Stacks really well, I've been boosting it with a Timmy, and running a Fuzz Face into it sounded great (but I need to spend more time tweaking levels for that pairing). 

Gig on Saturday so it's get it's first outing then. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    I've got the MKI which I like a lot. 
    The best thing is that it really does seem to react like an amp if you hit it with another pedal. 
  • johnhejohnhe Frets: 189
    I personally disliked the v2, so I was apprehensive about buying the v3. However, it has totally blown me away. Best MIAB I've ever tried. There is a big difference between SL and SB settings, so it's like two pedals in one. I was also really surprised by the difference 18V made - I was expecting a subtle increase in headroom/gain, but there was a dramatic change on mine. Not better or worse, just very different. Fab pedal. I expected to live in the SB setting, but started on the SL setting and have been so impressed that I've stayed there ever since.