Making some guitar cables- what cable do you use?

Hi everyone,
I'm going to make up some guitar cables and wondered what cable you have tried and prefer and why? I have recently bought some van damme classic which I have used on my pedalboard and I like it- not really tried anything else... Any suggestions welcome! Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10644
    I love klotz lagrange but many say it's too stiff.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • @viz thanks, will check it out! Although having a cable that lays nice and isn't too stiff, ultimately it's about the tone- of course! Cheers!
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    edited November 2014
    Sommer "The Spirit" XXL is my new fave. :)

Buy it from Thomann in ready-made 20m guitar leads and cut up to taste for best value.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11495
    tFB Trader
    I usually buy the Whirlwind Accusonic+1 cable , either loose or just buy a really long Leader cable and cut and add plugs. the whirlwind plugs are nice , although I do like the decent Neutrik ones (not the fake neutrik though)

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Thanks folks! I will try some of the sommer... I have some whirlwind which I like and have had for 20 years... Thanks for the replies so far! Anyone else use anything different?