NPD: Disaster Transport Sr & Slow Engine

What's Hot
Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
Went to Denmark street this weekend with the other half on the premise of having a browse and potentially picking up a little 'congratulations on the new job' gift.

Had a near miss with a Squire Bass VI in regents sound, mostly thanks to the missus encouraging me to get it and counteracting all of my arguments with "Yeah, but it's cool and not like your others", sadly they didn't have an Olympic White one. 

In Wunjo, I picked up a slow engine as the Mooers were on offer, and inquired about the Disaster Transport. As I was walking out the door was hit with a succession of offers on the Disaster Transport Sr, so I picked it up on impulse.

Really pleased with the Slow Engine, but was underwhelmed by the DTS. I'm not a huge fan of modulated effects so feel like I'm wasting part of the DTS but I'll give it a week and see how I feel about it. Any suggestions on settings?

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30887
    Where knobs are concerned that's definitely a case of feast or famine.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    NIIIIIICE
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Gassage Too right, got the slow engine to sound great instantly, DTS not so much.

@joeyowen Thanks mate!

Think I might be done for pedals for now.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Alright, let's not get silly
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowen said:
    Alright, let's not get silly
    Well, I still need a tuner, and maybe a memory toy to replace my belcat delay. Would also like a tremolo that does a nice sine wave style. I've also want a stutter delay and a Rainbow Machine...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    How is the Slow Gear... sorry, I mean Slow Engine...?
  • Drew_fx said:
    How is the Slow Gear... sorry, I mean Slow Engine...?
    Yeah I keep calling it that ...
    It's great, does exactly what you expect. Really easy to get the violin style sounds, i'm thinking it's going to be first in the chain to allow the fuzz / reverb etc to 'bloom'. 

Behringer do a version too, but didn't see many reviews / videos of it, you interested in getting one?
    Yeah kinda am. I wonder if it could replace my volume pedal... I sorta imagine not.
  • Drew_fx said:
    Yeah kinda am. I wonder if it could replace my volume pedal... I sorta imagine not.
    I'm trying it instead of one. Anything you'd like me to give a go?
    Drew_fx said:
    I'm trying it instead of one. Anything you'd like me to give a go?
    Hmmmm... a single note and a pull off perhaps? Does the pull-off retrigger the bloom? If it didn't it might be a go-er.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471

nice one man...the DT Snr is great...i love mine, and i've had it for a few weeks now. I set it up in about 10 minutes...and have changed setings about 3 times since.

when i get home tonight i'll take a pic with the settings and post it..subtle is the key on the modulation i think...

• @Drew_fx will do, think I managed this before, will double check.

@samzadgan yeah send them over! Certainly need some inspiration, and time.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    I tried to take a pic, but you cant see the knobs very well...so heres the settings below...all numbers refer to o'clock...

Time A - 1
    Repeat A - 2
    Mix A - 12
    Depth - 10
    Rate - 2
    Bleed - 8-9

Reverb - 10
    Mix B - 12
    Repeats B - 1-2
    Time B - 2
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2350
    nice scores :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The only pedal I regret selling is my original disaster transport. What a muppet.
  • @samzadgan thanks man, I'll check that out ASAP

@Drew_fx Managed to get some time with the Slow Engine, you can do a bloom with a pull off / hammer on in it quite easily. even with attack and sense on full, at half on both it's certainly a lot cleaner.

Seems to respond better to chords than single notes though, but that might just be down to the fact that I think it sounds nicer.

Thanks @Dave_Mc

@UnclePsychosis There was a second hand DTJr in Wunjo at the weekend...
    edited November 2014
    Might have to pick one up, just to dick about with really, I suspect it wont give me the control that my volume pedal does.
  • @Drew_fx probably not, I'd like it to be a bit more configurable personally. Hasn't put me off the idea of a volume pedal, but for board space saving you can't go wrong.

There's a Behringer version too, it's about £20 - I think I've already said this?
  • @Samzadgan Just tested your settings out, really nice, especially with a slightly thicker reverb after it. 

Just wish I could spend a few hours with it, rather than 10 minutes here and there.

Got a power bank coming this week so will be able to finally set up the full board if I can get an hour or two. Expect pictures!