NGD Kinda Jooky Esquire

What's Hot
Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
I picked this up about a month ago and was so busy in work I didn't get time to play it much or post a NGD thread then the forum died :-(  When the life raft was up and running I thought I'd wait until the new forum was ready before posting.

Here he is just back from a little bit of fretwork and a new nut.

I've always loved the originality of the Jooky guitars and couldn't resist when I saw this in the classifieds, love the finish and the Tele/P90 pickup from Mojo is really nice.  This is also the first single pickup guitar I've ever had, to be honest I never really got the point but playing with the different settings has been really fun.  The only use I've found for the bassy position at the minute is to run it boosted with delay/wah to get some strange atmospheric noises so will be investigating the eldrod mod when I get a chance.  The other two positions though sound great, I find myself sticking to Hi 1 (Marshallesque) setting on my Mesa and playing endless Who and ACDC at the minute.

My first experience in Jooky land?  Will it stay as an esquire or get something equally different in the neck for a laugh?  Too early to say but I'm definitely having fun :-)

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    My eyes!

But seriously. Excellent stuff - I do like something that looks different from the usual (not that I've ever had the nerve myself...).

I'm seriously thinking about getting a one pickup guitar myself. Less fiddling, more playing!

Well done. A ballsy purchase, sir.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    Call it the Jook Box.
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    Reminds me of those fender swirl finishes posted on MR recently. Does that make it quite conventional for a Jooky?
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    octatonic said:
    Call it the Jook Box.
    That's an excellent idea.  It's probably easier than having a guitar called 'The Teabagging Incident One'  :D
  • Try changing he 3rd position to the Arlo cocked wah mod, great for overdrive sounds.
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Glad you like it Adam - it popped around a bit for a while before it found a home..

@Horse - you can imagine how pleased I was when I saw those Fenders :) This is hand-painted though rather than swirled and took ages as it had forty-odd coats to get that design.

On the Esquire settings, it is the original Fender spec. and I think I'm the last person who likes the bassy 'neck' position...I've always used it for a grungy rhythm, and then when I flick to the bridge it takes your face off. Each to their own though :)  *sigh*

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Lovely axe :)
    Marks a legend for real and a really cool guy to deal with.
    Heres mine.
    Be in touch next week Jook :)
    Bottle of rum and remainder for u!!!
    Cheers Immy, I'll get the aniseed in :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks for holding on for what seems like ages!! Gas money should be arriving by end of next week maybe sooner :) soon as it lands ill email or harras u here :-) probebly just send u an extra 20 so u can choose your own drink, plus it would probebly get broke in the post!!!!
    blueskunk said:
    Lovely axe :)
    Marks a legend for real and a really cool guy to deal with.
    Heres mine.
    I remember that one looks really cool.  I remember reading about those pickups with great interest.  I wonder how many forumites have Jookies?  It'd be interesting to find out.
  • Adam_MD said:
    blueskunk said:
    I remember that one looks really cool.  I remember reading about those pickups with great interest.  I wonder how many forumites have Jookies?  It'd be interesting to find out.
    Me! I have one! I've got the Siren Song one, very nice it is too!
    Adam_MD said:
    blueskunk said:
    Just visited the Jooky emporium, very nice guitar dude.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2356
    nice :D
  • Adam_MD said:
    Adam_MD said:
    blueskunk said:

Ta!
  • Adam_MD said:
    Adam_MD said:
    blueskunk said:

Ta!
  • I've got the "The Old no7 One"......................if I could work out how to post a picture I'd add it to the site!!!!

Help!!!

• I so nearly bought the Jooky in the OP.

The finish reminds me of Tyler's "Burning Water".
    This is starting to sound like a support group..

here you go Paz

imageimage

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    JookyChap said: On the Esquire settings, it is the original Fender spec. and I think I'm the last person who likes the bassy 'neck' position...I've always used it for a grungy rhythm, and then when I flick to the bridge it takes your face off. Each to their own though :)  *sigh*
    No, I'm with you - a cruelly underated noise >:D<
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."