eBay kit with tubes, transformer and poorly translated description - but what is it?

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1630

Pretty sure it is nothing you want for guitar. I believe it is a "boutique" "tube" pre amp for use in the feed from a CD player to a hi fi amp...

SO much wrong with that concept!

Dave.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    L and R channels would imply some for of "hi fi" pre-amp.

• jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    ecc83 said:

Pretty sure it is nothing you want for guitar. I believe it is a "boutique" "tube" pre amp for use in the feed from a CD player to a hi fi amp...

SO much wrong with that concept!

Dave.

Indeed.

Almost as bad as a passive "pre-amp"!
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1676
    Thanks heavens for that, I thought it was something I didn't know I needed!
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    edited November 2014
    Classic translation though:

Before this bravery is the famous horseshoe circuit ...... fruity and delicate voice, can listen to and.  ... xiao yu electronic garden layout ... ... make the person look at fondle admiringly. ... streaking more crazy.

Who was it asking how you write lyrics? Take some Chinese and mangle it by google translate.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72295
    I don't actually think using a valve preamp to 'warm up' the sound of a hi-fi system is a wrong concept, providing you understand that the reason it might sound "better" is because technically it sounds "worse"! At that point you're into purely subjective listening pleasure.

But it's pretty definitely nothing that would be useful for guitar, unless you want to play your guitar through your stereo or something...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein