Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Headstock decals

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GruGru Frets: 339
    Do most people get them from the bay?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7334
    edited November 2014
    go on youtube is loads vids how to make your own water slide decals at home with your pee-cee
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • I had a "strat" neck worked on for me and due to sentimental reasons had my grandmother's surname in that place. You said you want your name so you could always have your surname there in a similar font?
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

I have seen a T-shirt with Fuc**r written on it in the Fender script.

You had to look twice to get it.

A tad rude, but if kept out of the way of young children and vicars I don't see why not.

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    I had a "strat" neck worked on for me and due to sentimental reasons had my grandmother's surname in that place. You said you want your name so you could always have your surname there in a similar font?
    I'm now thinking of using my wife's name (our surname is long enough) just so I can have "Original Contour Body Wife" :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    Whatever you decide I can thoroughly recommend this chap (apologies for not remembering his real name):-
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FUN-HEADSTOCK-DECAL-VOODOO-SPELLMASTER-NECK-PROJECT-/121464491593
    He does top quality decals, good prices and has a fast turnaround. I think @WezV recommended him originally.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22778
    p90fool said:
    Just put the stock one on it, everything else is just childish.

Yes I know the legal position, but frankly don't care what some giant US corporation thinks about my guitar leaned against my amp in my house 6,000 miles away, they can take care of themselves.

I've spent a substantial part of my income on Fender gear since 1981, if I happen to want a partscaster to look "proper", logo included then I will, in fact I might even tap 'em up for all the advertising I do by using it. ;)

One rule for Slash, one rule for all.

:)

I must confess, I totally agree.  Does that make me a bad person?

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    An original idea was Bender Twatocaster but I don't think I want to go down the profanity route...
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • My wee girl is called Freya, so I was going to put that on my own partscaster… until I found out there already IS a brand of Freya guitars that use the same font! Suffice to say, I was gutted!

• Kinda Sortacaster
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Fecund solocaster?

I just think fecund is a brilliant word, and looks close enough to Fender to give the right shape.
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    The correct answer is to leave it blank as it is.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I went with Feeder- Caketaster - With synchronized Pies- Original cakey shoe.

But I am an idiot.

I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shugzshugz Frets: 768
    My one:

Cheers
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22778

Both of those look good, I  didn't even notice at first that the "Feeder" wasn't a Fender.  A naked headstock never looks right.

But I can still never think of anything which amuses me or seems "meaningful" enough to me personally.

To me it's a bit like getting tattoos (...albeit a lot less permanent!).  I don't dislike tattoos, but I've never thought of anything which seemed significant enough to have it inked on my body for the rest of my life.  But that's just me, I know some people are happy with "I just liked the picture".

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited February 2015
    Ok, I should update this, because my Strat now has a name...

The Fbomb Fastercaster!
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • He gets about...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom