This Is Fuzzrocious - documentry

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6102
"The story of a Mom + Pop shop in an industry dominated by corporate powerhouses. This is the story of the Ratajski family and their handmade, hand-painted guitar pedals."

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    this is awesome...thanks for posting!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • swlabrswlabr Frets: 29
    Lovely! THANK YOU!!
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
    The man has the right attitude. Great stuff!
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    Really enjoyed that!
    Cheers for posting!!
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Very cool :)
  • I enjoyed that, but when I googled them, all the pedals seem screen printed not painted.
  • AxeWieldingBastardAxeWieldingBastard Frets: 156
    edited November 2014
    Thanks to the op for posting.

I have to say i found the vid to be overly sentimental and fluffy. Shouldn't his marketing material contain some pertinant information about the products he's selling?

Obviously it's lovely that he's has a wholesome, loving family life and an integrated family business/career (he's probably a christian too). But this whole, "im a patriot, landowner, family man" shtick is just not what im interested in hearing from a pedal builder in their promo material.

I know the American's lap up all this "made with love in the USA" stuff, but it's not buttering any parsnips over here.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    For me, I don't mind all that guff. Guy comes across as genuine and I like that. I refuse to buy pedals from builders who are knob heads, doesn't matter how good the pedal is.
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    edited November 2014
    Thanks to the op for posting.

I have to say i found the vid to be overly sentimental and fluffy. Shouldn't his marketing material contain some pertinant information about the products he's selling?

Obviously it's lovely that he's has a wholesome, loving family life and an integrated family business/career (he's probably a christian too). But this whole, "im a patriot, landowner, family man" shtick is just not what im interested in hearing from a pedal builder in their promo material.

I know the American's lap up all this "made with love in the USA" stuff, but it's not buttering any parsnips over here.

I am with you on he UK / US divide however in my opinion this is seriously clever marketing on the companies behalf. I would hazzard a guess that he gets consideably more interest in his products with this type of video than he would a straight up demo. There are plenty of those about already. Take a look at their FB page, hundreds of people have shared the vid already.
    People like to see the faces behind the brands, get to know the builders that there paying good money to so as ypu say this will appeal to a lot of people more than a straight demo pedal.
    I certainly found it more interesting than a pedal demo!