Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Guitar Setup

What's Hot

Comments

• Wow, thanks!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have heard of suhr doing this before - they have what is universally considered the best customer service out of any guitar maker. I cant see fender or Gibson offering to do that.

Its the kind of service that fractual (makers of the axe fx ) are known to also carry out

Out of interest was there a particular case you're referring to or is it talk on the grapevine? :)
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11813
    Your guitar will probably come back with a different serial number with a new neck, so take photos of the body, make sure you do actually get the same one back. Just in case.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4423
    edited November 2014
    Good idea, thanks, RL! They surely wouldn't change the body though..
    No reply from Suhr yet - hopefully not changed their mind :)
  • I have heard of suhr doing this before - they have what is universally considered the best customer service out of any guitar maker. I cant see fender or Gibson offering to do that.

Its the kind of service that fractual (makers of the axe fx ) are known to also carry out

Out of interest was there a particular case you're referring to or is it talk on the grapevine? :)
    just a couple of posts on the suhr forums
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    edited November 2014
    All Suhr necks have a lifetime warranty
  • How long do you reckon is polite to wait before asking what the progress of this "case number" is? Been a few days... might wait until some time next week...
  • I think a week is fine. Sometimes they come back very quickly, sometimes their workload just gets heavier and there's a slightly longer wait. This won't have disappeared into a black hole.
  • Sounds very reasonable, thanks :)
  • Suhr are outstanding.  I bought a used Modern with a Floyd from a shop, and after a few days did some heavy trem abuse .... to find it didnt return to pitch.  On investigation the knife edges were damaged.  The previous owner was apparently 
    an old boy who only played hank marvin stuff, but wanted the guitar cos he loved the look despite being advised aginst it.   The action ws quite high, and I presume he raised it to suit his playing style but didnt loosen the strings first (as he wouldnt know about Floyds/two point trems).    

I got a complete new Trem unit sent for it even though it wasnt new, and was obviously user damage.
  • Wow, that's even more of a stretch than my case!! Amazing!!
    I'll ping them next Wednesday or so if they haven't gotten back to me :)
  • OK!!
    I'll get 50% off upgraded features so roasted maple = $75, 3/5A birdseye is $275/425 - to be honest I'd need to check these out myself!! I know birdseye is cool though. Thoughts?
    Anything else I might consider regarding upgrades?? Feel free to add suggestions!

They say if I upgrade the neck I may be liable for customs based on those changes.

What would you do if you were in this scenario? 50% off upgrades, suggest away!!
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11813
    Do you like roasted maple? Is it just cosmetic changes? Personally I would just get it fixed and be done with. No need pay for bling unless you wanted it in the first place.
  • I think birdseye is cool but I'm unsure. Gotta logoff, got your pm. Will reply tomorrow :)
  • horsehorse Frets: 1563
    I dare you to ask them how much a private stock top would be
  • Pfft lol no way!!
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4423
    edited November 2014
    I don't know what 3A and 5A mean etc... Anybody care to explain?

Is currently got a little tint but I really liked the no-tint necks I played. My PRS are flame maple which I think is amazing. Birdeye/no-tint.. Which one...

I read that birdseye/flame necks are less "stable" whatever that means.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16547
    edited November 2014
    3a/5a is pretty meaningless, except in this case where its coming from the same maker. Its very subjective

3a should have average figure, 5a will have consistent strong figure. Essentially you are paying for someone at suhrs opinion

any figure does technically make a neck weaker, always something to consider. But i wouldn't worry about this with a suhr neck
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3594
    Do you like roasted maple? Is it just cosmetic changes? Personally I would just get it fixed and be done with. No need pay for bling unless you wanted it in the first place.
    +1
  • If you want a light coloured neck, I'd not go for roasted - I seem to remember them being a darker colour.