Thomann ....

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 27455

I placed an order with Thomann on Tuesday last week. The order might have included a THR10C   :D

I was then away for the rest of the week ... but thought, when I get home, there's going to a big box waiting for me.  It would have to be a big box because I didn't *just* might have ordered the THR10C.

But when I got home last night, no box (big or small), with (or without) a THR10C  :(

I checked online, and some of the order was out of stock.  So they'd not shipped any of it.   The out-of-stock items had actually been de-listed from their catalogue, but the order had been held pending arrival of new stock.  I thought Thomann were cleverer than that??

So I called them this morning and asked them to ship the rest of the order without waiting for the other stuff - which might (or might not) ever come back into stock.

Less than an hour later, I get an SMS telling me that the order has been shipped.  :)

So I'm now hoping for a slightly less-big box to arrive sometime this week ...

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
    And now I've just got an email telling me that the out-of-stock items have also been shipped.

WTF ???
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    Overall I find thomann very good.
  • I've always found Thomann a decent guy and he does well to fit all that gear in his garden shed.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wordywordy Frets: 67
    I like them a lot although I had an experience a few weeks back that made me question that.

I'd bought a pair of AKG headphones from them and within the warranty period the cable stopped working, meaning that there is only sound in one ear.  Thomann informed me that the cable is classed at 'wearing parts' and therefore not covered by the warranty.  Personally I think this is bollocks.

I did have this happen with another set of headphones a few years ago, which again were bought online.  They were replaced by that retailer without question.

To be honest, Thomann supply replacement cables for 4 quid or so, and they must cost buttons to make - so why piss of your customers for the sake of say a quid?

There was a thread on the last forum about people ordering two of the guitar they wanted, and then sending the one they didnt like back.  I thought at the time that I would never do that, as it didnt seem in the right spirit - well that has to work both ways and I have to say I feel a bit screwed over the headphones.

I suppose the moral of the story is - buy your headphones somewhere else.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
    axisus said:
    Overall I find thomann very good.
    I have as well - that's why (a) I used them again this time, and (b) I was surprised to find that they'd just put the whole original order on hold rather than shipping what they had.

I'm now slightly doubting them as they appear to have shipped the out of stock stuff in the order ...