Interesting news - Guitarbuild custom neck build service in the offing...

What's Hot
MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
edited November 2014 in Making & Modding
If this is happening, I may find it very hard to resist starting another project build...

:)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    It will be interesting to see what price point they can hit and how much variety there will be in options like neck profile, fingerboard rad, heel width etc..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    edited November 2014
    Absolutely @DrBob - it would be great to be able to spec profile, radius, and all that stuff. Also, fingerboard material of course. I'd love to see something like a UK version of Warmoth though, would be terrific, if dangerous for my wallet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    What will also be cool (if dangerous) is if they start to knock out pre-made stuff for less than custom build prices as Guitarbuild already do with their bodies and indeed Warmoth already do with both bodies and necks. I find that mine times out of ten if you wait around a bit something comes up that's close enought you your 'dream spec' for a lot less anyway
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Yeah, good point - a nice wide range of ready-done specs, and then the custom option is still there is you really are planning something a bit different. A shameless show-off excuse for posting a pic, but Phil did make me this once:

Completely my own design, and done exactly as I spec'd it - don't think even Warmoth would have done that.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom