An unusual acoustic mutant.

What's Hot
Here's some photos of my beautiful but unusual mutant guitar
I have some knowledge about it, but because several heads are better than one, I was wondering if folks here would venture an opinion on it.
It is a guitar with 'character'. I'll start you off by stating I believe it started life as an FG-180 Red Label.
http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/redgakki/library/That%20Guitar?sort=3&page=1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Not quite a mutated as I might have hoped! But, nice to see I'm not the only person who watches the Mentalist ( just started the box set of the last series so no spoilers please!).
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71864
    Not quite a mutated as I might have hoped!
    Nor me! Very cool old guitar, but I was hoping for at least a Bigsby and magnetic pickups :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah it's not a steampunk guitar! :) It is a late sixties Yamaha made to look like a Martin. Like someone took the nickname for the FG red labels, 'the poor man's martin' and made it the case, literally. It's also been entirely sanded down and re-varnished It's had gaffa tape up the bout and above and below the soundhole where strong gouge marks show where something like a Dearmond pickup sat and was gaffa'd in place........
  • EricTheWeary;408217" said:
    Not quite a mutated as I might have hoped! But, nice to see I'm not the only person who watches the Mentalist ( just started the box set of the last series so no spoilers please!).
    look, this has been on my mind : the OP is redlabeljohn I thought that was a reference to fictional serial killer red john from tv series the Mentalist and yet I've had no affirmation so I just look crazy. Right, I can move on with my life now.

8-}
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12295
    EricTheWeary;419978" said:
    [quote="EricTheWeary;408217"]Not quite a mutated as I might have hoped! But, nice to see I'm not the only person who watches the Mentalist ( just started the box set of the last series so no spoilers please!).
    look, this has been on my mind : the OP is redlabeljohn I thought that was a reference to fictional serial killer red john from tv series the Mentalist and yet I've had no affirmation so I just look crazy. Right, I can move on with my life now.

8-} [/quote]
    It's ok @EricTheWeary. No need to explain mate, we already knew you were mental.
    ;)