Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Comments

• Oh yes. Always wanted one of these when they first came out. GAS is back
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30864
    Ummmm...there is only one DG and I'm annoyed I fell for the cheap Gibson shot.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7750
    edited November 2014
    Gassage said:
    Ummmm...there is only one DG.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    I think they might be open to offers on this one ... http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=com-NE15JE73
    Seriously is this for real ? Some people paid big money for these guitars as a collectors piece and they do a reissue?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Gassage said:
    Ummmm...there is only one DG and I'm annoyed I fell for the cheap Gibson shot.
    Go on then, find us a pic of Gilmour playing a 335! :)
  • This will have an effect on the original run of these. The second hand ones went through the roof
  • capo4th;410565" said:
    I think they might be open to offers on this one ... http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=com-NE15JE73

That's what i mean they are going for crazy money. I would be well upset with these reissues if i owned one of the first ones. Come on get these into the uk
    edited November 2014
    I still think the Gibson olive drab green Chris Cornell 335 with bigsby is the best looking 335 ever made
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • badlydrawnbanjobadlydrawnbanjo Frets: 855
    edited November 2014
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30864
    capo4th said:
    I still think the Gibson olive drab green Chris Cornell 335 with bigsby is the best looking 335 ever made
    I may be biased but I honestly believe my CS356 is the best looking Gibbo '335' variant ever made!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4th;410565" said:

That's what i mean they are going for crazy money. I would be well upset with these reissues if i owned one of the first ones. 
    Is the reissue such a big surprise though? With the Foo Fighters still headlining and the demand for the originals it was bound to happen. They're still a fairly limited run of reissues, and doubtless there'll be some supposed crucial difference to keep the originals sought after. I doubt anyone's going to lose money unless they were daft enough to pay the kind of money in that link. 
  • on the bring back the DG355 facebook page (yes there is one) there is a reply from guitarcentre stating price of blue one will be $6999

thats a lot of money but maybe a very decent investment
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
    Meh. For that money you could get 60s 335.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1299
    edited November 2014
    capo4th;410588" said:
    Me too. Still kicking myself for not buying one last year when I had the chance.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    It's alright I guess, but I wouldn't take one over a standard 335, certainly not over a standard Trini.

And it looks like they've discontinued the Midtown Custom. Fuckers.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Ha! How ironic, now that I'm in a position where I could happily buy one of these (after not ordering one the first time around!), I'm not at all interested! I'll stick with my Chibson Trini instead, the gold does give me ideas for a second one though...
  • if i can get one - i will get one
  • Instead of the Trini Lopez diamond holes wouldn't it look cool with two 'f' holes the same font as the Foo Fighters logo??
  • Lovely in gold but I'd rather have a regular red Trini with the trapeze. Or one of the pelham CS336s with diamonds holes and FB headstock.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom