Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I didnt realise PRS did ugly...

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11860
    I mean, you can do this if you got the cash.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Bucket - The second one down is your post is lush!
  • I disagree with @ICBM!! (for once!)\

I like the Singlecut Dragon, probably because it was heavily featured in guitar mags when I was first playing.

All private stocks are horrible in my experience. They're like Mansory cars - someone takes something potentially tasteful and well made and turns it into a blingy mess
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72258
    Bucket said:
    In theory don't like most of that either (despite having a Tokai PRS-alike with a quilt top and gold hardware...), I'm more of a solid colours guy.

I like these though - which I suppose goes to show that it can work if it's not too overdone, which I don't think these are:
    All those are hideous to me, sorry! They exactly prove the point about the things I don't like.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Used to love posh tops, but the best looking prs' I've seen are almost always solid colours.

I remember a near solid pink custom 22 that I absolutely adored. It was quite a shocking pink, but it didn't look humorous! Genuinely a cracking looking guitar, you could just see the top had a little figuring underneath.

I like the satin black ones, too.

That said, I do sometimes like the washed out grey flamed tops. The one Tremonti has is nice, but it's not an overly blingy guitar.

Used to love birds, but not any more.

I do love gold hardware though. Sometimes!
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    edited November 2014
    Tree of life is the worst thing for me Not into fancy tops, either, but TOL...
    :-S
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• i actually quite like the one in the op. that monstrosity with the inlay though, kill that with fire.
  • Bucket said:
    I have never liked the look of a PRS, but I LOVE that.
    I don't love it, but I much prefer it to all the 'posh' ones.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751

I remember a near solid pink custom 22 that I absolutely adored. It was quite a shocking pink, but it didn't look humorous! Genuinely a cracking looking guitar, you could just see the top had a little figuring underneath. 
    I like this:

- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Bucket;411050" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

I like this:

http://www.paulreedsmith.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/prs-251373802460132860.jpg
    Bucket;411050" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

I like this:

http://www.paulreedsmith.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/prs-251373802460132860.jpg
    Exactly! It was like that, but it was quite a bit less figured and slightly more solid finish. But it's a wonderful colour for a guitar, that one is proper nice too.
  • MattGMattG Frets: 170
    I actually really like the NS-15 they had some in peach and in the flesh they actually look really good!
    thats call Bonnie Pink I think, it's one of the more expensive colours, I'd like one but costs prohibitive just for the colour.
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762

I'd lurvve a DGT like this.

Have a wow.

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • thats call Bonnie Pink I think, it's one of the more expensive colours, I'd like one but costs prohibitive just for the colour.
    It is Bonnie Pink indeed. One of the very original colours, complete with pink solid back colour. Quite a few shops now do runs with this included outside of Private Stock models.
    There is a bonnie pink PRS in peach now but it's over £3k, also found a DTG in the same colour and a 408 in it too on Amazon for around $3300.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16083
    Actually think the neil Schon model is attractive -if it wasn t for the Floyd it would be a thing of beauty
    all floyd trems look like they belong in an engine not a music instrument
    edited November 2014
    The worst thing about threads like this is that if I look at them more than a couple of times it just makes me want to sell my PRS since it reminds me of other PRSs.

It's irrational since it's one of the plainest models they've ever made, but... it's still a PRS and thus is almost tasteless by association.

:(

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
    I can only stand the plain top or solid finish/gold tops without birds.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    ICBM;411560" said:
    The worst thing about threads like this is that if I look at them more than a couple of times it just makes me want to sell my PRS since it reminds me of other PRSs.

It's irrational since it's one of the plainest models they've ever made, but... it's still a PRS and thus is almost tasteless by association.

:(
    Man up @ICBM your Prs standard has outlasted everything else which tells you how good it is. Just because the private stock is usually butt ugly/tasteless doesn't mean all the models are like that.

Every company has a dog ugly guitar or 2 in their catalogue. :D