Viewing Lyrics on iPad?

IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
in Live tFB Trader
I've just started going out solo and, although I'm of the opinion that if one is covering someone's song one should know the words in advance, I'm doing some new songs each gig and the advancing years/old grey matter isn't what it was so I occasionally need a prompt.

I've got an iPad mini and just picked up a clamp to afix it to a mic stand.

Are there any programs/apps/whathaveyou that I could use to view the lyrics, I usually drop them into a Word .doc then print off.

Any suggestions please?
http://www.ivisonguitars.com
(formerly miserneil)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I use guitar tabs hd for the wedding band
    Usually there is a chords/lyrics version plus I can do a search via 3G if I'm requested something I fancy a go at
  • rich75rich75 Frets: 36
    Set List Maker is worth a look. Does a lot more than the name suggests :)
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    Set List Maker is certainly worth a look. Written and maintained by a gigging musician.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Thanks, I've just downloaded My Lyric Book which seems simple (ideal for me!) but will check it out - can't believe there are so many app's available for this sort of thing...I draw the line at the scrolling 'autocue' app though! ;-)
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • Onsong is good
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    miserneil said:
    I've just started going out solo and, although I'm of the opinion that if one is covering someone's song one should know the words in advance, I'm doing some new songs each gig and the advancing years/old grey matter isn't what it was so I occasionally need a prompt.

I've got an iPad mini and just picked up a clamp to afix it to a mic stand.

Are there any programs/apps/whathaveyou that I could use to view the lyrics, I usually drop them into a Word .doc then print off.

Any suggestions please?
    What a bloody great idea.
    Wish i could still sing, that sounds like an ideal solution.
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Onsong is good
    I use Onsong for both lyrics, and lyrics with added chords. It has the benefit that I can use a pedal to scroll through the pages while playing (useful if you want to do American Pie, or anything by Dylan!) 

It's not the cheapest, though, and if you just want lyrics, i.e., text, I suspect there are better/cheaper options.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4510
    'I can't read, i make it up' - Sean Ryder - Happy Mondays - W.F.L. (wrote for luck)