Fano Guitars - Anyone Tried 'Em ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Warren... those look like very cool additions to your collection. Colour scheme of the Bad Cat is particularly lovely.

Did you try any Fanos? What did you think?... and how about those two Collings electrics?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I did mate... 

Two Fanos stood out...

The RB6 shown below, and the black reliced GF6 Black over inca silver... both lush and powerful.

I fancied the RB6 in black, but Doug realised he had priced it £1000 too low !!!!!!

• Quite a jump in price between the GF6 and RB6.  Why do you think that is?
  • Ah... I see old habits die hard! I spot the Sportsman has its light on... are you still sporting a Sportsman?
  • Strat,

I foolishly sold my Sportsman, and Doug only has the 1x10 and I prefer the 1x12...

The Bad Cat is the Black Cat 15 R III, with channel 1 12AX7 and channel 2 EF86.

Even at this stage, I can tell that this is a superb amplifier. Absolutely totally quiet as well..

Full reviews to follow

• Mr Wazmeister.... guitars and amps are for buying - not for selling!  I hope you won't make that mistake again!

Which model Magnatone did you get... is it the 1x12? Never tried a Mag... how would you describe it - on first hearing?

• Mate,

Where to start... it was a shoot out between the Mag and the Rambler; I've previously owned the Rambler and it is a superb AND more versatile amp...

But the Magnatone has more warmth, sounds more 3D and has the BEST trem and vibe I've ever encountered. It's sort of a 'Ry Cooder Southern Comfort' kinda feel, if that makes sense.

Kin gorgeous looking too !
  • I'm a big fan of Ramblers - and have gigged with one lots in the past... although I find the sound comes out of them in a narrow beam (but that's fine if you mic it up). Anyway... anything that 'beats' a Rambler is worth checking out!

I'll stop asking dumb questions for now... so you can spend some quality time with your new babies!

• kinkin Frets: 1015
    Mate,

Where to start... it was a shoot out between the Mag and the Rambler; I've previously owned the Rambler and it is a superb AND more versatile amp...

But the Magnatone has more warmth, sounds more 3D and has the BEST trem and vibe I've ever encountered. It's sort of a 'Ry Cooder Southern Comfort' kinda feel, if that makes sense.

Kin gorgeous looking too !
    Why thank you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Kin, it just had to be said :)
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    That Fano is great I still like the look of the White driftwood one.