First ever gig on Friday

What's Hot
gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921

Not been in a band since I was in school (we never gigged, or practiced, so it probably doesn't count). Been in a band now for 3 weeks, originals only, and we have a gig on Friday. Pants are starting to get shit. Might feel better once we have some songs...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    Lol nothing like diving in, eh? How long's your set going to be, and how much material do you have?
  • Break a leg.

It's great fun once you are over the nerves, so get over the nerves (but don't use alcohol to do it)
  • Jeez...an originals gig after 3 weeks? I've been moaning at my lot for booking a gig 3 months in...
    <space for hire>
  • We were trying to do 4 songs in a 20 min opening set. We've had 4 practices (lol). 4 songs has now become 2 plus a 10 minute spaghetti western soaked in reverb. Kinda shitting it, but also can't wait. Been wanting to do this sonce I was 13, so I'm only 19 years late!
  • Have fun. :)
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6385
    Have a ball, but don't get lagered or spliffed beforehand.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Normally play on other days of the week ,eh? :-bd

Oh come on, it's Monday morning , what do you all expect?

Hope it goes well - surely the joy of an originals band is there are no such things as mistakes!
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • surely the joy of an originals band is there are no such things as mistakes!

Ha, that's the plan!

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6385
    Anxiety/Stagefright - accept it, and practice like the devil this week !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    After the second line of the first song you'll forget the nerves and have a blast.

Trust me, I'm not a doctor.

ESBlonde said:

Trust me, I'm not a doctor.

Yes you are.
  • Well, we don't have a name yet, none of the songs have names (or lyrics), but it's a grunge night. So if it all goes to hell in a hand basket, I guess we can just smash our shit up :) The bass player needs to leave directly after the set to go to another gig with another band. We're a 3 peice, and the other two don't seem too stressed, so I'll try and not stress too much either. Reckon I'll be a quivering ball of piss come Friday day though :)
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    edited September 2013
    Have a good one, enjoy yourself and all the best!
    Suggestion: a post-gig kebab should round off the evening nicely >:)
  • gusman2x said:
    Well, we don't have a name yet, none of the songs have names (or lyrics), but it's a grunge night. So if it all goes to hell in a hand basket, I guess we can just smash our shit up :) The bass player needs to leave directly after the set to go to another gig with another band. We're a 3 peice, and the other two don't seem too stressed, so I'll try and not stress too much either. Reckon I'll be a quivering ball of piss come Friday day though :)
    If ever there's a time to change your name, it's after the first gig's gone wrong ;)
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Get busy in the rehearsal room and just go for it, and however it goes, don't forget it gets easier the more you do it. ;)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • So, match day and I've been awake since 5am. I've had one poo already, anyone interested in a sweep to see what the total will be? On at 9pm. X_X
    I'll never forget waking up the morning after my first ever gig, thinking "I did it".

You'll have a great time!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @Cirrus Thanks man. I don't think we're going to put a very polished performance, but I've wanted to do this since I was a kid, so I hope I'll feel like that tomorrow morning!
  • Gus, realistically, what's the worst that can happen and what would be the consequences of it?
  • @ddlooping Yeah I know. I think there'll be a few bum notes (well there will be, it's as simple as that) but I guess that's hardly the end of the world..We could have taken more time before having a gig, and had a better set, with a better performance, but at the same time, it'll be good to get the first one under my belt. We only have one verse in the whole of the three song set, and I'm singing it. After listening to a few recrdings of practices, I think I'll be asking for PLENTY of reverb on the vocal :D I'm torn on wheterh I want there to be a reasonable crowd or not. More people means more stress, less people might mean feelings of deflation. Incidentally, the Zoom H2N is AMAZING for recording practices, in fact, I'll probably record the gig with it.