Was I hasty in rejecting this nylon string guitar?

What's Hot
PauloPaulo Frets: 65
edited November 2014 in Acoustics
I went to look at a nice Admira guitar going cheap this week and it seemed to have an ever so slight upwards incline in the neck round the first 4 frets. Is this normal? My own Yamaha cg150 is dead straight, but the Admira was a higher spec and I was so unsure that I walked away. I wasn't even sure if it was just my eyes playing tricks. But for those of you who play higher end classical guitars is this something you should see. The amount of upward bend as it appeared was very small.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sounds like it just needs a trust rod adjustment to get the desired amount of relief. 
    The action is usually lower around the cowboy chord area (due to the bow)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15459
    hmmm I was always under the impression that classical guitars don't have truss rods.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • PauloPaulo Frets: 65
    They dont
  • VimFuego said:
    hmmm I was always under the impression that classical guitars don't have truss rods.
    my 2 do. 

but they are modern takes :-)

Dont the amira have an adjustment in the sound hole?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Had a look at my Admira Capricho.

Can't find any form of neck adjustment inside the guitar.

No truss rod either.

Hope this helps.

• That is probably why it is going cheap. Admira are not really high end My  instinct says avoid at all costs