Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Where you keep your guitars....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• HollowAxisHollowAxis Frets: 117
    edited November 2014
    All of my guitars live in our warehouse practice space, which has no heating. Gets really cold in there.
    Should I be worried about them?

The PA/Mixer/Drum kit also lives in there.
    All in proper cases ... but still...
    It isn't humid... just damn cold.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    On the wall in my basement for most, one or two in the case in basement. Not much temp change there as my iguana lives there so his cage provides heat in winter.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    I live in a Bungalow. I hardly ever heat the bedrooms. Instead I use a De-Humidifier in the room I sleep in (but not when I am asleep).

Rooms which have the door left closed do not seem to need a De-Humidifier (I check this with a meter). And don't seem to get dust - or not as much dust.
    :-O

• i keep mine under or on any surface that will conceal them from my wife. Seems to work - wife thinks i have 3 guitars and she moans over those 3 - i actually now have 6 (sold one last week)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Rory Gallagher's was left in a ditch for a few days. So I wouldn't worry too much.

Although I s'pose Rory's strat looked like it had been in for a few days though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    edited November 2014
    Gretsch Jim Dandy propped up either on the settee in the lounge or next to the PCs in the Computer Room/Library.

Everything else in its case in the Music Room.

I'm aware I made that seem grander than it really is ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16650

i have 5 wallhangers on an internal wall away from a radiatior - but there is a log burner in that room which concerns me slightly.

I tend to keep them away from windows, radiators and external walls - although invariably a few of the cheaper ones end up propped in a less than ideal corner

• bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 611
    edited November 2014
    I have one strat that sits on a stand in my computer room & if it gets a whack so be it.

The rest (16 I think !) are in my music room with no heating but all stay in a case or in a gig bag unless I'm using it.
    Never left in the 'open air' for any long periods. 
    Stays cool & is aired as I deem fit. Oddly enough the only guitar that never needs tuning and just stays rock solid even if it's not been out the case for 6 months is my 1998 Steve Morse sig. original with floyd rose. I always expected the FRs to be the worst & the hardtails the least trouble. 
    I'd only heat the room gently if the temp really fell to sub zeros anyway
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nickpnickp Frets: 183
    a prize i think to @bazxkr for having 16 guitars, but also displaying uncertainty over the actual number (so probably 20)
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 611
    edited November 2014
    you are right @nickp i really need to get better organised and do an inventory regular. 

Just put my mind to it and it is def 17 in all. Altho there is a Tim Armstrong Gretsch that is proving an urge haha

Certainly not 20. If I get there my ol' lady will ensure I'm wearing one or two of them haha
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22718

Guitar numbers can be a bit of a grey area... I'm never sure whether to include ones which are permanently broken, unplayable or otherwise out of commission.  Or heaps of parts which are just potential guitars.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nickp said:
    lots of people do use the wall hangers.  keeps them handy so they get played.  

The hangers that I've used do mark the guitars though - as they have rubber arms

Works wonderfully for me pesonally; its's great always having them to hand...

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/Dr Z EZG/FullSizeRender.jpg

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    littlethoughts;424197" said:
    Some under the bed, some under the sofa (there is a gap), one on a stand and a couple just propped up in a corner. I dream of the day I've got the room for a MASSIVE RACK.
    I love a massive rack....

• johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    In the guitar park in my bedroom of course.