Slim right angled connectors

What's Hot
shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
Hey

I'm looking to make up some patch cables with some slim (pancake) connectors but can only find a couple places that stock them.  Would there be much difference quality wise between them?  Any other options that anyone could point me towards?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Instead of making them yourself you could buy them from Kabl - Rob is a great guy. Super fast delivery etc.
    http://www.kablonline.com/instrument.html
  • Yep, the ones I got from Rob at Kabl are ace.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    the hicon ones look sexier than the ebay ones..
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    "flunderklinkenstecker winkel"?!? :-O
    You gotta love German! :D
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    the German word for bra is my favourite: "Schtoppemfrumfloppen" ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    benvall;40742" said:
    Instead of making them yourself you could buy them from Kabl - Rob is a great guy. Super fast delivery etc.

http://www.kablonline.com/instrument.html
    Another +1 for Rob/KaBL

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    Thanks for the KaBL recommendations, having been around MR previously I'm aware of the good reputation that Rob has.  However, I just prefer to DIY these sorts of things.  B-)

Yea I like the look of the Hicon ones more too, but I would have to pay for delivery and the Yorkshire side of me frowns on that!
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I used some of the 'ebay' ones many years ago, and have to say that I would probably hesitate to use them again. 
    I'm not sure if it was my own ineptitude or the design, but it was quite difficult to get them right. Certain thicknesses of cable wouldn't work (too thin to be secure, or else too thick for the two halves to close properly). Also, the screws had a tendency to work loose.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dogload said:   ... Also, the screws had a tendency to work loose.
    Best answer to that is a dab of Loctite (thread lock type stuff, NOT super glue, check which bottle you are using first)  :-O

- not sure if thats it but you get the idea, undoes and cleans off easily, but keeps things secure meantime.  Probably last you a lifetime too.

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I've got some of these made with the Hicon jacks. DIY'd them myself. You can get the Hicon jacks from Thomann for very little, and get some cable from Soundsgreatmusic on their eBay shop.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    dogload said:   ... Also, the screws had a tendency to work loose.
    Best answer to that is a dab of Loctite (thread lock type stuff, NOT super glue, check which bottle you are using first)  :-O

- not sure if thats it but you get the idea, undoes and cleans off easily, but keeps things secure meantime.  Probably last you a lifetime too.
    I wasn't quite together enough to do that! lol
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    The Hicon jacks are great. Got em on a recent KABL order. You may as well just get him to make ya some :-p