ThorpyFx LTD Launches 2015

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    Regardless of the actual pedal circuits, you should definitely name one of your future pedals "the Faster Horse."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    edited January 2015 tFB Trader
    Jeremiah said:
    Regardless of the actual pedal circuits, you should definitely name one of your future pedals "the Faster Horse."
    That's got to be a revised tubescreamer. 

You could also have "The better mousetrap" as a RAT based pedal.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    LOVING the colour schemes. Are you going to do racing black too?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1756
    All the best with the new venture,

Dont forget to resin encapsulate all your new design in case a younger Thorpy comes along and tries to clone them.  :-)

I did mean that as a joke.

All the best
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16255
    Cool. The first handbuilt pedal that I ever bought was from you years ago. It was a madbean egodrive which was an ocd variation I believe. It was then that I got into pedal building myself and you were kind enough to offer lots of helpful advice via email. I have built a lot of pedals myself since then. I rarely have time these days though I still love it and am an fx-a-holic. I wish you every blessing in your endeavour and am looking forward to seeing the final release :-)

Oh and what is your MBE for?! Pedal building services to the country?

I had a look the other day and Google suggests our Thorpy might be an ex army explosives guy, which would link with the Gunshot pedal. However, that might be twaddle and odd coincidence!
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16255
    That was very nosey of me! Sorry. :\">
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    edited January 2015 tFB Trader
    That was very nosey of me! Sorry. :\">

Google is your friend! Yeah that's me. Not ex yet.
    All the best with the new venture,

Dont forget to resin encapsulate all your new design in case a younger Thorpy comes along and tries to clone them.  :-)

I did mean that as a joke.

All the best

no resin, I haven't got anything to hide, it means people can have a look at the quality of the components!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    thorpy6 said:
    Update time.... Christmas was busy, I've managed to build the first two ThorpyFx releases and fettled them to the nth degree. IMHO they sound EPIC, couldn't be happier. Here they are in tstandard enclosures waiting to be rehoused once the custom design arrives.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/295c8dbc/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

The GUNSHOT id the first pedal to be released with the CHAMELEON to shortly thereafter.

Looking awesome, still ahve and use the two clones you built for me - so will be sure to check out your own designs when you release them! Exciting times and I hope you get success from it.
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Good luck dude, you've got bigger balls than me.
    tFB Trader
    juansolo said:
    Good luck dude, you've got bigger balls than me.

thanks @juansolo, or maybe it's blissful ignorance!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Watchin' with interest mate ;) I wish you every success as it might get me off my arse and do the same at some point.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2015 tFB Trader
    Well, after the successful prototyping has been completed me and mrs thorpy have come back from our honeymoon and sunk thousands of pounds into components, now we stand at the precipice of a whole lotta building!!!
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom