Which flightcase company....

What's Hot
DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
....do you prefer?

I got a pedalboard case from Spider (I think it was) and the service was terrible. The case was ok but I moved it on pretty quickly.

Anyways I need a case for my Hagen and I think i'll just buy it and invoice my family for Christmas exactly as I did last year with a Telecaster.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    Castle cases in Tamworth have always given me good service.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    They seem to be the only ones specifically making one for a Hagen, but after how bad Spider was I'm just a little dubious about jumping in. Always got my cases second hand before.

or included too.
  • I used Flight Case Warehouse in Tamworth. They build me a pedalboard case to exact size and it was great, also had a strat case from them... has been bulletproof on the many flights I've used it on.
    Two companies in Tamworth? Crazy talk!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72296
    I've also always used Flightcase Warehouse and always had exemplary service from them - even when they screwed up on the dimensions of one case, it was replaced within 48 hours.

But it appears they make Spider cases…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Google is my friend. Spider is not.

Thanks dudes.
  • Yeah, Castle was a result of a split with FCW iirc
    It does appear that Castle Cases and Flightcase Warehouse are different companies, despite both being in Tamworth! Flightcase Warehouse are definitely the same company that does Spider though.

Just out of curiosity, what did they do wrong?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited November 2014
    Bejaysus. Just had a look on here at my old posts and I blatantly knew Spider was FCW.... I think I need to see a doctor about my mind/memory...

I couldn't however find my whinging post so that must be locked in the doldrums of MR.

Basically they sent a faulty case, the screws were the wrong size, well didn't even match one another for the corresponding locations so one of the brackets partly fell off when I took it out of the box. When I politely rang to ask for them to fix it they made out like I was being a fusspot and took 2 or 3 attempts to get the right part out, with each phone call getting more arsey (on their part).

I guess I was kinda hoping that one of our good parish would make them and I could use them to make one.

Anyways, Castle will get my wife's cash.
  • 1nten5e1nten5e Frets: 245
    I believe swanflight are doing a 15% off deal from midnight tonight :)
    Ah! No Hagen though. 

I might just ring in the morning.

Cheers.
  • Castle cases are great. FCW are up their own arse. 
    What happened with FCW for you mate?
    When did Castle Cases split from FCW?

About the time FCW went from good to up themselves, perhaps?

It must be about five years since I bought anything from them...

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    It was around 5 years ago I bought my first thing from Castle and they seemed like a pretty new company at the time. But I've had an AC30 combo case, 12u double-shelled rack unit, and two pedalboards from them and they've done a fine job of those. My bassist has a bass case from them too, I think he actually drove up to them with his bass and they made the measurements in person (He lives in sutton coldfield about 20 minutes down the road).
  • With the size of that Hagen head it might work out cheaper to get someone to convert one of these -

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Cirrus said:
    It was around 5 years ago I bought my first thing from Castle and they seemed like a pretty new company at the time.
    Interesting. I wonder if the good dealings I had with FCW were with people who left to start Castle... and possibly there is a connection with *why* they left.

• PFAllen2PFAllen2 Frets: 238
    Castle Cases are brilliant, they can make anything you can think of. 

They have just made me a custom head case for a Carol Ann head, complete with wheels and a retractable handle. Not the cheapest but imho definitely the best. If you spend ££ on a great amp why skimp on the case?
    Click here for my Trading Feedback
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    ICBM said:
    I've also always used Flightcase Warehouse and always had exemplary service from them - even when they screwed up on the dimensions of one case, it was replaced within 48 hours.

But it appears they make Spider cases…

This happened to me too on a custom sized flightcase. Excellent customer service and resolved quickly with flightcase warehouse