Attenuators

Tuscan777Tuscan777 Frets: 125
Hello all, I've not been on here for a while. I rather gave up the ghost once the MR forum did the same. Anyway..... I'm currently using a Fender Super Sonic head, I like it, but I don't like having to turn it down when playing live. So, I reckon one of them there attenuators could be an answer. But, before I plunge in and grab any old one, thought I'd check out if any are more suited to a particular amp maker, or are they all pretty much the same? Thanks people.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72305
    They're not even remotely all the same.

The THD Hotplate tends to work well with Fender BF-type amps in my experience. I think they're discontinued now but they were always one of the more common ones so shouldn't be too hard to find.

The Weber Mass series seems to be popular too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• THD are available still from the maker on EBAY? There have been historical issues over orders etc if you search around the web. All since the demise of the company some years back.