First Gig With New Band

monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17589
in Live tFB Trader
Played the Bury St Edmunds Christmas Fayre yesterday. 

Went pretty well, we got loads of positive comments and the sound engineers said we were one of the best bands they had heard locally and they might use us for testing out some new PA gear if we were up for it.

Only have a minute of audio to show for it. 

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10104374852068318&set=vb.13701219&type=2&theater

Really glad to be back out. It's been about 6 months since the last band went tits up and it's been quite a task putting something new together. Was great to hear so many people who saw the old band at the same event last year saying how much better we were.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Sounds great! Really solid time as well, I would agree with the sound engineers - an impressive band, with excellent musicianship. So nice one, and glad you're out and about again. :)
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10398
    Nice job man, sounds great 

You might get 2 overheads for the kit next time :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Great job. There's nothing better than when one project goes bang that you come back better.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27435
    I've only I'd known ...

Sounds good Monqui.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Good stuff. I could definitely listen to some more of that. Clearly a tight, well rehearsed bunch you've put together.

DGT sounding lovely too :D
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17589
    tFB Trader
    Danny1969 said:
    Nice job man, sounds great 

You might get 2 overheads for the kit next time :)
    Cheers fella. 

We just let the sound dude use whatever gear they wanted (though I used my Redbox for guitar). I suspect we would set up differently given the choice.

tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    I've only I'd known ...

Sounds good Monqui.
    Balls sorry @TTony I did mean to do a "Come to my gig" thread, but I forgot.
    tFB Trader
    Good stuff. I could definitely listen to some more of that. Clearly a tight, well rehearsed bunch you've put together.

DGT sounding lovely too :D
    Cheers Sticky

Yeah the DGT is wonderful. It's so easy to play and as well as doing a brilliant Les Paul type sound it also does a convincing single coil sound. 
    On that track I'm using the coil split with both pickups with just an SP Comp which I use to push the level back up to the same as the buckers.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4526
    edited November 2014
    Nice solo Tex.
    tFB Trader
    DesVegas said:
    Nice solo Tex.
    Cheers dude .

It's a Wampler Velvet doing the duties for all you pedal geeks :)
    So very shmoove.
    It's also nice to hear the funk without a wah or an auto wah.
    tFB Trader
    The trickiest bit in that song is trying to play both guitar parts at the same time in the verse. 

It really needs the guitar playing the single note riff and the one playing the 9th chords. It took me ages to work out a part that does some bits of each and I still bugger it up now and again :)
    It sounded good. I did look for the rythmn guitarist until i realised you were playing both bits. Nice job hombre.
  • The trickiest bit in that song is trying to play both guitar parts at the same time in the verse. 

It really needs the guitar playing the single note riff and the one playing the 9th chords. It took me ages to work out a part that does some bits of each and I still bugger it up now and again :)

Actually, I came back to this thread after watching the video specifically to comment on what a good job you did on combining the two guitar parts - I play this mostly in a two guitar band, but do sometimes dep in a trio, so I shall be studying (stealing) this!

• Nice Xmas jumper! :)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    tFB Trader
    Nice Xmas jumper! :)
    Well it was a Chritmas gig :)
    tFB Trader
    The trickiest bit in that song is trying to play both guitar parts at the same time in the verse. 

Actually, I came back to this thread after watching the video specifically to comment on what a good job you did on combining the two guitar parts - I play this mostly in a two guitar band, but do sometimes dep in a trio, so I shall be studying (stealing) this!
    Cool if you want some info on what I'm playing let me know.
  • Nice Xmas jumper! :)
    Well it was a Chritmas gig :)

I did enjoy the clip as well :-) it's a great song, one of those things I would have been ignoring back in the day but love now.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DesVegas said:
    It sounded good. I did look for the rythmn guitarist until i realised you were playing both bits. Nice job hombre.

I did exactly the same....and didn't even realise you were playing both bits! Thought there was another dude hiding round the corner! Nice playing bud!
  • Impressive stuff. I can tell you live in a posh area - we never see bands that good doing open air thingies like that round our way! :-D
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.