Fitting a Floyd Rose or similar to a Les Paul

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• while yr at it, can I route out the back of my Bentley continental to make it into a pickup truck to carry all my gardening tools in it :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    midlifecrisis;434821" said:
    while yr at it, can I route out the back of my Bentley continental to make it into a pickup truck to carry all my gardening tools in it :)
    That would look so cool.

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750

underdog said:
    midlifecrisis;434821" said:
    while yr at it, can I route out the back of my Bentley continental to make it into a pickup truck to carry all my gardening tools in it :)
    That would look so cool.

and definitely cooler than fitting a bigsby to it ;-)
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    mike_l said:

ESP do some Les Paul-based guitars, with Floyds.

Be better than routing a Gibson.

this or just get the epi version of the lp with floyd and replace the buckers for something else....More bettererer.
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    However and this is a BIG caveat - there is a huge routing channel on many Les Pauls that will cut right through where the Floyd wants to go or the spring cavity will go, so getting one already done or having a guitar made with a Floyd can be a better idea.
    I forgot that as well.

Basically it's just a bad idea. Buy a guitar that was built for one, since they are available. I felt the same about fitting Strats with Floyds as soon as decent factory-made Superstrats became available, and I haven't fitted any since.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• @John_P did you know Floyd Rose are launching a surface mounted trem at NAMM 2015 for Gibsons?
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    @John_P did you know Floyd Rose are launching a surface mounted trem at NAMM 2015 for Gibsons?
    Thanks - I'll keep an eye out.

LIke I said in the OP, I was just thinking about options rather than looking to do it but if they bring out something that isn't an ugly monster I could be tempted.   Of couse a cheap axcess would be even better :)
  • Think that's it.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    ^     my poor eyes.

Apologies I should have realised you were talking about this monster.      Probably works great but I'd rather commit the crime of a bigsby.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    John_P said:
    Apologies I should have realised you were talking about this monster.      Probably works great but I'd rather commit the crime of a bigsby.
    A Bigsby with a Vibramate is completely and easily reversible if you change your mind, too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein