flying v build

What's Hot

Comments

• speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o717/adamward3015/20150109_152735_zpslljvbodb.jpg

Final coat of colour is on. Gonna give it till Sunday then start on the clear coat, my new pots and Jack socket have arrived today just waiting for my pickups now
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    looks good.   isn't it about time you took a mock-up pic - all the parts laid in place etc.  I think the green is going to look really good with the plate on, just need to see it to be sure :)
    edited January 2015
    I suppose I could drag my ass to the kitchen @wezv but it will have to be over the weekend as the wudtone is still wet hopefully tomorrow it will be dry enough for a quick mock up
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    WezV said:
    looks good.   isn't it about time you took a mock-up pic - all the parts laid in place etc.  I think the green is going to look really good with the plate on, just need to see it to be sure :)
    I was thinking the green and black with a rosewood board would look good too...............

Come on Kiddo, get your arse into the kitchen !

:)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    get to it.   Then cut out a paper version of the plate to convince yourself it really needs to be white!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Alnico it will be tomorrow,edited post, @wezv I'm already toying with the idea of a new guard lol
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looking good :)

@speshul91

That's exactly the kind of "look really good" i was thinking of. The black guard really REALLY works well with the green and i'm not normally a fan of green on anything. I love the grain showing through the colour and the rosewood picks up the black (or at least dark) from the guard and carries it on up the neck.

The only one thing i would have done differently is to paint the front face of the headstock in either satin black, gloss black or colour it the same as the body. I do like the oiled finish on the neck but  to me, the colour of the headstock face doesn't go with the rest of the guitar and if it was more coordinated it would just tie it all together. I get the same feeling with Fender's that have a rosewood board, somehow the headstock front face looks out of place, whereas on a maple board it seems to fit ok, no matter what the body colour.

That's the only tiny criticism though and it's all down to personal taste more than anything.

I honestly think you taken what is essentially a cheap kit and put something together that looks bloody stunning. If you put as much work and thought into the pickups and any other hardware changes and if you get the set up right, i think you've got an all round cracking guitar there that has a great deal of yourself in it.

You should be very proud of that.

I'm already thinking of what colour to do mine ! 
    @Alnico the mini pots have been ditched in favour of full size alpha pots,got a neutrik jack socket,going to get a black bridge and tail piece and waiting for my warman 12 gauges to arrive (out of stock atm)
    speshul91 said:
    @Alnico the mini pots have been ditched in favour of full size alpha pots,got a neutrik jack socket,going to get a black bridge and tail piece and waiting for my warman 12 gauges to arrive (out of stock atm)
    Then it's going to sound great as well as look great !
    I'm thinking black tuners too
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I like it mate, lots! I'm inclined to agree with Alnico about the headstock face, green or black would really suit the guitar but the natural finish looks good too :)

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

I agree on the headstock colour, but if the guard was white I think a natural headstock would make sense again
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Alnico;471700" said:
    @speshul91

That's exactly the kind of "look really good" i was thinking of. The black guard really REALLY works well with the green and i'm not normally a fan of green on anything. I love the grain showing through the colour and the rosewood picks up the black (or at least dark) from the guard and carries it on up the neck.

The only one thing i would have done differently is to paint the front face of the headstock in either satin black, gloss black or colour it the same as the body. I do like the oiled finish on the neck but  to me, the colour of the headstock face doesn't go with the rest of the guitar and if it was more coordinated it would just tie it all together. I get the same feeling with Fender's that have a rosewood board, somehow the headstock front face looks out of place, whereas on a maple board it seems to fit ok, no matter what the body colour.

That's the only tiny criticism though and it's all down to personal taste more than anything.

I honestly think you taken what is essentially a cheap kit and put something together that looks bloody stunning. If you put as much work and thought into the pickups and any other hardware changes and if you get the set up right, i think you've got an all round cracking guitar there that has a great deal of yourself in it.

You should be very proud of that.

I'm already thinking of what colour to do mine ! 
    Go for something outrageous man,the wudtone is actually azure lagoon and is really blue but with how yellow the body is I think it's made it loads better
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    I was just coming back to say that after looking at the pics again!

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

It's a shame I don't have photo shop to see how it would look :(
    With all my various issues with myself and the past few days being shockingly shit your comments have made me feel really good about myself for a change thanks @wezv @alnico @hobbio
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    speshul91 said:
    It's a shame I don't have photo shop to see how it would look :(
    gimme a few minutes

speshul91 said:
    With all my various issues with myself and the past few days being shockingly shit your comments have made me feel really good about myself for a change thanks @wezv @alnico @hobbio
    You've every right to man,

Top Job.