Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Special edition guitars from a while ago that you still lust after

What's Hot

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    Phil_aka_Pip;436250" said:
    littlethoughts said:

Paul_C said:

There's no such thing as a wrong answer to this, but if there were...

Oh yes there is. This is it, for every conceivable reason
    That's just soo wrong!

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Fender Geisha Stratocaster.

I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12359
    Bonnie Raitt Strat in blue burst. The nicest colour on a Strat ever. Shame about the narrow fretboard though, obviously needs a sausage finger conversion.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 698
    edited December 2014
    This thing - the Gibson Stealth. It was pretty terribly finished (the binding was a right mess, plus it was WAY overpriced). 

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

White Zombie?

I remember J playing one of these at Donington

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22768
    There was a silverburst SG Standard with an ebony board a few years ago, 2007 I think.  One of those "Guitar of the Week" limited editions of 400.  I wish I'd bought one of those.

Just to confuse things, they did another silverburst SG not long after, but that had a skinny '60s neck and vintage tuners rather than the rounded neck and Grovers.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    sinbaadi said:
    capo4th said:
    hobbio said:
    I think the Chris Cornell 335 in olive is just about the best looking guitar I've ever seen.

that is one of the best 335s ever made
    +1  I love those things, the guy just nailed it.  Never lusted after a Bigsby till I saw those.  I've said it before in another thread, but I could have bought one at the time, and I really should have.  IF you can find one for sale, you're going to pay at least a 33% premium on the new price for it.  The black ones are much cheaper.
    I'm seriously considering making a replica from an Epi 335 cos I know I'll never own the real thing.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited December 2014
    Philly_Q;436895" said:
    There was a silverburst SG Standard with an ebony board a few years ago, 2007 I think.  One of those "Guitar of the Week" limited editions of 400.  I wish I'd bought one of those.

Just to confuse things, they did another silverburst SG not long after, but that had a skinny '60s neck and vintage tuners rather than the rounded neck and Grovers.
    That is beautiful. I once painted a Strat with the same burst, looked fantastic but I still hated strats so it went sadly.

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7839
    They're not very popular, being mocked as a plywood guitar, but i'm gassing for an Gibson SG Zoot Suit!

• one of these for me please :-)  image
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• TheMarlin said:
    They're not very popular, being mocked as a plywood guitar, but i'm gassing for an Gibson SG Zoot Suit!

I also always liked the zoot suit SG. I seem to remember them going on clearance for silly money at one point. now whenever they crop up you end up selling for loads!
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    @littlethoughts Yeah they're still around. Saw one a couple of months back in Macaris on Charing X rd.

I 'd love one of those ultra rare late 50s 3 pup Les Paul Customs made in red finish.
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    Gassage said:
    Gretch MIJ Elliot Easton

There was one of these on eBay for ages! I think it was the same, it was definitely an EE sig but i don't know if it was mij or not
  • Paul_C said:

I love that ! Never seen it before, what's it called ( sensible and rude answers accepted).
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    For me it would be a toss up between the Luther Dickson 335 or the Gibson's Frampton Les Paul Custom.

[-O<
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1206
    equalsql said:
    For me it would be a toss up between the Luther Dickson 335 or the Gibson's Frampton Les Paul Custom.

Ooof! +1
    Forgot about this. Killer guitar. Killer player. 
    edited December 2014
    An original Gibson Silverburst Les Paul Custom.

Of course, an original would likely have oxidised and gone yellowish by now, and look like this:
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    That pink Les Paul is amazing !
    Would suit Lady Penelope and go nicely with her FAB 1
    edited December 2014
    Paul_C said:
    That is just SO SO wrong!  Nice colour - but a tuneamatic bridge and a Bigsby on a STRAT!?!  Whoever did that atrocity to deface one of the most beautiful iconic guitars ever made should be keel hauled, and then hung, drawn, quartered and hung by his balls!!  Poor Leo would turn in his grave!  

Sorry, didn't mean to sit on the fence there!  :))
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • maidenfanmaidenfan Frets: 197
    edited December 2014
    Kramer Nightswan, saw one in a music shop in Putney years ago, still think about it....