Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your Guitar aspirations 2015.

What's Hot

Comments

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1808
    I'm already eyeing up a hand-built Strat by Zero One Guitars (Jeff Beer, local tech)

I played one of his Swamp Ash Strats last night (a Micky Jones tribute) and it was a thing of beauty, may sell the CS Strat I have to finance it...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If money allows a wooden-bodied resonator (preferably a 'proper' National or Dobro) - and/or a twelve string acoustic.

I'm done with the endless cycling in search of perfection thing though. I'm perfectly happy with all of my existing instruments.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MistyMisty Frets: 135

I'm done with the endless cycling in search of perfection thing though. I'm perfectly happy with all of my existing instruments.
    Me too, I've arrived at my guitars and amps through many years of chasing so-called perfection. Probably never quite got there, but I'm close enough. There are one or two pedals I might try out, and I might even sell the D28 as I rarely play it, not sure yet.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1808
    This too, I'm fed up with constantly circling around stuff, maybe a new year resolution is to put some of the guitars away and just concentrate on getting what I need out of just 2...which is what I take on a gig anyway
  • asimmdasimmd Frets: 115
    Got more than enough guitars,except for a Suhr maybe but 2015 is my year for a Mesa Boogie Amp,i too am
    sick of wondering, so its coming my way as soon as Andertons have stock.

• tbmtbm Frets: 578
    A Jazzmaster maybe? If I can find a nice non-sunburst one that didn't cost an insane amount of money the I'd be tempted.

Another fuzz of some description.

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    Finish building the ones I said I was going to finish this year?
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I think a Fender Strat is my next guitar. Ive sent an enquiry to Ishibashi about a Japanese Clapton. Otherwise Im looking at a used US Deluxe or Strat Plus. I too have been tempted by a Feline. But we are supposed to be buying a house next year. So Im gonna wait until I know where we're going.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11813
    A Les Paul Standard in lemon drop or honey lemon
    A Telecaster with compensated saddles
    PRS 408
    PRS P22
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not so much a guitar aspiration but a general guitar one, we are likely to be moving in the new year and I'd like to have enough space to actually do some recording and have easy access to all my guitars. Currently I have one out at a time, rather than pick up the one I fancy playing on a given day. It means that each guitar gets subbed in for a month or so!
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    FX_Munkee;436146" said:
    Finish building the ones I said I was going to finish this year?

Me too.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 919
    An Electrical Guitar Company all aluminium guitar. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    A Lester or a serious alternative (ESP for example).

Away from GAS it's my ongoing aspiration of just playing as much as time allows.
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1756
    edited December 2014
    Get back the practice hours

Cure my 335 GAS
    Cure my Les Paul GAS
    Make a decision on Kemper
    Build More
    Resist GAS temptation stop lusting after amazingly cheap 2nd hand PRS.

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7672
    I wouldn't mind a Jaguar, but I don't play electric much at the moment, mostly bass and acoustic, and I don't need more of those.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • I'd like to be able to play a bit better.

I'd also like a Chapman ML-3 Traditional in satin blue...
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Mine is to mod the strat, new pickups, bridge and machine heads. Im also thinking about having a refret in stainless too.
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    I think since I have decided to keep my les paul studio lite, for the first time in a long time I'm quite content with my guitars, I used to love trading which I still do but you lose that magic feeling of getting a new guitar so I'm holding out,especially as me and the missus have had a bet that I can't change my guitars for a year!...... As soon as I sell my old bass that is!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    I would really like an Fender Eric Clapton Signature Strat, but I don't know if for the money I will end up disappointed?

Currently have a Sunburst Affinity Strat and it is so comfortable and easy to play, I am having trouble justifying £1k for an EC. It's the cheapest guitar I have owned from new. The neck feels amazing (no satin/gloss) like bare wood. A little tweak of pickups/wiring and I am struggling to see why I should pay more.

So next year, 1 (poss 2) electrics in total (really fancy a burgundy mist Strat, 1 Martin LXM (got), buy a decent amp (tube) and the Zoom G3 (got) = done!

2015 is time to knuckle down to learn & play, not trade.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2867
    After getting my custom built gandl sc-2, i think im done.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom