Something different from me - ambient-ish?

I was inspired by downloading a few free Beta Monkey Funk Loops.  

None of them really go together to be honest, despite being the same tempo, bar two.  So it inspired a looped idea (been listening to a LOT of John Fru recently).  

Signal chain is guitar -> Boss DF-2 (not used yet, but will do) -> Blackstar HT Metal (green channel) -> @juansolo delay -> POD Farm with 2 channels, each with a different cab sim.  

Then I added a preamp to each channel (modern tube model) and cranked the upper mids and treble a bit on both, lower mids on one. 

Then added some line 6 reverbs, delays and univibes. 

This was the result - it's unfinished, I want to get a melody of some sort, and a screaming DF-2 noise in there somewhere :)

I have not done anything else to it, like sorting levels and such.  It's literally one of those moments where you come up with an idea and run with it - I will probably re-record each part tomorrow (YAY day off work) and clean it up a bit.  But I am weirdly prooud of this most simple piece. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CHRIST just heard the upload.  Yeah, lots of levels work to do ;) I think I've got a bit of clipping going on into the POD Studio, too.  

Still, whatever. :)
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Like it mate. Written stuff in a similar vein myself before.

Nice work!
  • I liked it very muchly mate.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • Thanks guys :) bit of a departure from my usual shit. 

I really enjoyed it, not sure I could do it a lot but it was good fun. I'm going to try and get it re-done and finished in something half decent.  I also need a bass for it. 

Or do it? Maybe not. 
  • Thanks guys :) bit of a departure from my usual stuff. 

Corrected. ;)
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited December 2014
    Hehe, I was just listening to this over on SC, not realising it was you, then I came here and hit play, got a totally weird de ja vu.

Anyway, t'is a cool vibe. 
    :)>-
  • drum drop out around 0:30 was nice. I would totally go for adding a bass part, it grooves really nicely right now but having the low end working would get this going even more.

Definitely finish this piece!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • I really liked the beat think it fitted well, a bit of bass might go a long way, but it's pretty good already TBH.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6256
    like it, very mellow, the guitars in the background, high register chords, work really well.

a low level bass might work too

Definitely better now - I'll reupload the new version when it's finished, it's got none of that nasty overpowering bass and the levels are better. 

But it does need some bass, I'm thinking something big and synth-sweepy sounding. No idea how I'll achieve that sound, but I have a wah pedal so maybe that and some fuzz? Dunno. 
  • Tell you what though, when you're playing sparsely, it don't half show up your mistakes...