Carvin Guitars

What's Hot
Having a look at the US prices, these seem like phenomenal guitars for the price, with a great range of options and top quality. However, when ordered through a UK dealer, these can top £2000 in some cases. Anyone here own a Carvin?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    IMHO Hugely capable guitars and criminally underrated, I would say on par with higher end godin's for desirability, quality and tone , but unfortunately suffer with the same issue of resale value, which is a shame as they really are great guitars. :-)
  • Used to own a CT6, very nice guitar cost me just under £1k but I sold it when I needed some money. Had some minor aesthetic issues like bleeding of the stain into the wood binding etc etc but other than that a really well made guitar with very high spec woods and hardware.
    Old Is Gold
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Never had a proper play on one.

They're meant to be great, but I'd never buy one over here. They cost very reasonable money in America but over here they're extortionate.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    Through necks ftw.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    They are proper good if you buy used in the UK. If you have to pay import they stop being such good value and end up on a par with Almost anyone else.
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214

I've got one.. great guitar but not really my thing. It doesn't get much use tbh

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214

Its a dc127 what ever that is

I don't know if I'm just too vain. I must dig it out and have a play again

• @Cabicular If you could get a couple of pictures up, that would be excellent. I might even send you an offer! 
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3044
    edited December 2014
    Great guitars, had a dc135 for a couple of years and sold it for something different. Wouldn't pay over 2k for one though as the pickups were crap and needed rerouting to fit different ones
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    edited December 2014

I love and use their amps.

Their guitars are really, really well made and feel great. And for the price they go for second hand over here, they're a massive bargain. But definitely something you want to try before you buy.

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2406
    I had a DC127 and a TL60 and couldn't really fault either of them.  Personally, I really like their own pickups, especially the C22N and M22SD.  Overall, they're great value for money if you can get one used.
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 912
    Had a DC135 for a bit but it wasn't a keeper for me. Sold it on at a small profit though so no regrets!