Elite: Dangerous

What's Hot

Comments

• racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 996
    FINALLY us xbox players got horizons and engineers  :D

the hard as nails a.i from 1.6 update nearly ruined the game for me (got a fair few ships destroyed by the god mode a.i but frontier kindly sent us a refund today (wasn't expecting that tbh,a pleasant surprise as i got my trade conda blown up this morning 16 mill rebuy cost).

i now have an imp clipper and it's bloody great 
    :D

have only landed on one planetary body so far (europa moon at jupiter) but it's bloody awesome fun.

i bloody loves this game 
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4630
    To be honest I only had a fight against two mostly harmless NPCs but they got dispatched fairly easily.
    But my little Viper mk IV is a thought little ship
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26565
    edited June 2016
    To be honest I only had a fight against two mostly harmless NPCs but they got dispatched fairly easily.
    But my little Viper mk IV is a thought little ship
    Heh...yeah, wait until you come up against an Elite FDL. You basically have to fight them like you would a CMDR...I just got one in the face, and it was still using special weapons even after they swore blind they'd got rid of them. Thermal attack + rail guns that never miss + unearthly accuracy with a huge plasma accelerator.

Really quite scary.
    <space for hire>
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24250
    Did you see the skynet reaction the npc had today? ED have confirmed the ai was joining weapon stats to get rail guns that can shoot at pulse rates!

ED didn't know the code allowed it!
    Did you see the skynet reaction the npc had today? ED have confirmed the ai was joining weapon stats to get rail guns that can shoot at pulse rates!

ED didn't know the code allowed it!
    Yep. Having encountered a number of those NPCs, it felt like fighting the frigging Terminator, too.

I even saw one of the ones which effectively had a multicannon firing plasma accelerator ammo. Mental...fortunately, it was system security and I'm behaving myself, so it didn't go near me - it reduced everything to slag in seconds.
    <space for hire>
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28119
    So the AI has started to exploit glitches in the code? :D
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    edited June 2016
    Sporky said:
    So the AI has started to exploit glitches in the code? :D
    Yep. FD were trying to kneecap the AI and remove the ability for them to use the special Engineer weapon modifications; the actual result was slightly reduced AI combat capabilities, but they were creating merged weapons which were impossible to counter.

The truly scary part is that those weapons should have been totally impossible to create.
    <space for hire>
    I have installed it and given it a quick go - joystick arrives tomorrow so not much point until then, but it's quite pretty. Decent frame rate at 4K UHD as well, which is nice.

The account and product key registration stuff is very, very clunky.
    Hmm. I'm going to need a bigger, or at least clearer desk. The Warthog is huge and weighs nearly as much as my car.
    Sporky said:
    Hmm. I'm going to need a bigger, or at least clearer desk. The Warthog is huge and weighs nearly as much as my car.
    You're also going to need a clearer schedule. Apart from the game itself, you're at quite a disadvantage if you don't hop on over to the Frontier forums. Lots of brilliant info there, as well as patch notes and the like.
    <space for hire>
    Forums are just full of other peoples' ideas. Just because they've already done something and know effective strategies doesn't mean I'll listen. You've met me.

Erm.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    This is quite useful

Apparently the market info is a bit knackered at the moment (problem today) but it is usually accurate enough, within a few percent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4630
    Just downloaded Horizons let see how it goes.
    Need a new joystick though my fly 5 is pretty much dead.
    One of the EDC guys has spotted an amusing mission...

...Urgently needs 3 tons of Osmium being found and bought to the system.

Reward: 4 tons of Osmium.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I have my HOTAS connected and working, and have been working through the training missions. So many buttons. So many weird mappings.
    Sporky said:
    I have my HOTAS connected and working, and have been working through the training missions. So many buttons. So many weird mappings.
    Yeah...I changed all of the default mappings except primary weapons.
    <space for hire>
    One of the hats opens a chat window that requires the keyboard to close. :-S
    LOL!

Top tip: keep primary and secondary fire buttons on different hands. You quite often need to use them together, but things like boost and FA-off are best kept on the non-throttle stick, for reasons completely unknown to me (yet also completely correct).
    <space for hire>
    Thrustmaster and Frontier are making a HOTAS together

At a proposed £99 it won't be a Warthog, but it will be interesting to see what they think is a good idea for the game.