Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Gilmour - great live moments trib thread

What's Hot

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30888
    Yes, you're right- tell u mix a dr103 with a tweed twin and you are in tonal nirvana

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Gassage said:
    Twin is very good
    I agree, I have 2 :-D

but in terms of a beautiful, almost sparkly amp with lush tones, Hiwatt Custom > Fender Twin

and I say that as a former die hard fender clean fan boy. 

Try and find jbl d120f speakers- you will thank me- it is my fave amp tone bar none

• I would but I haven't turned my Fenders on since I got the Hiwatt.

I'm loving them Fanes far too much :-D
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    @meltedbuzzbox What model?

• Hiwatt? Custom 50 SA212
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    No feders

• The Twin aka Evil Twin (Black knob...behave ;-) )

Twin amp. Think its a 94 model... 
    Crazy thing

• I really want to run all 3 at once before I move on one of the twins. 

Just for pure shits and giggles. I dare say the neighbours would love it
    edited December 2014
    U should have bought my lehle

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    Live at Pompeii for me please. Coolest ever.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    My greatest memory of David (and the rest) was here....

Loobs said:
    Live at Pompeii for me please. Coolest ever.
    Sadly I fail to be able to see the music in that due to the semi-revealing pics of DG's torso. But that's just me so don't let me put you off watching it. ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    Oh yeah, he was a sexy dude then. Looked about as cool as could be.

• Dat backline, though.
  • ^ That's probably my favourite Pink Floyd thing. 
    Loobs said:
    Oh yeah, he was a sexy dude then. Looked about as cool as could be.
    @loobs- Berlin does this to a man- the home of metrosexuality ;)

Stick around there bud- me and Ali will get you to Berlin Folsom whatever it takes....

• Gassage said:
    RHC

DIsagree. For all the bells and whistles of `cnumb above, this is my fave version- the tempo, the passion, the choice of notes and the control. Oh and the tone- G2 not the P1.

21.20 for the solo. It's perfection. The tone is 100%.

THe bends at 22,20 are jaw dropping- if anyone can tell me how...

Oh and it oozes passion.

THe Money solo earlier also good.

I was there for Live 8. Had to run from the bottom end of Hyde Park up to Baker Street after 14 hours on my feet and only caught my train by 30 seconds and totally worth it.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    edited December 2014
    So was I. I absolutely recall getting towards the front and a load of kids where trying to get way from stage. A lot of chatter in crowd about 'fucking old men, this will be boring etc- wht did they do again, the Education song?', 25 mins later and they had absolutely stolen the show and then some- it was epic- (well David did in fact- he was on fire) and every single youth thst was walking away were pushing back to the front with their gasts totally flabbered. It really was THAT good. One kid said "Who fuck is the old man on the guitar? He's amazing..." I smiled, knowingly (whilst desperately trying to see his effects rig from 100m away)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    So was I. I absolutely recall getting towards the front and a load of kids where trying to get way from stage. A lot of chatter in crowd about 'fucking old men, this will be boring etc- wht did they do again, the Education song?', 25 mins later and they had absolutely stolen the show and then some- it was epic- (well David did in fact- he was on fire) and every single youth thst was walking away were pushing back to the front with their gasts totally flabbered. It really was THAT good. One kid said "Who fuck is the old man on the guitar? He's amazing..." I smiled, knowingly (whilst desperately trying to see his effects rig from 100m away)
    Sounds about right. It was a weird day. I sat on the ground for scissor sisters and I was the only person I could see cheering for Velvet Revolver, but it's all good because I saw Pink Floyd's only proper gig in my lifetime :D
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires