Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Gilmour - great live moments trib thread

What's Hot

Comments

• My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
    Gassage;450630" said:
    Loobs said:

Oh yeah, he was a sexy dude then. Looked about as cool as could be.

@loobs- Berlin does this to a man- the home of metrosexuality ;)

Stick around there bud- me and Ali will get you to Berlin Folsom whatever it takes....
    Ha
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30880
    Don't mock- the bearded look is in, apparently. Not that I am capable of growing one.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
    Keep trying
    Loobs said:
    Keep trying
    The danger is I might end up looking like that famous guitarist, Sir Richard Attenborough, the guy who was once in Floyd.

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7751

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    edited December 2014
    That Telecaster always always sounds like it's God's own guitar. It's got an amazing twangy tone.

I suspect he's no effects at all on that- just into his 57 Twin behind.

• Gassage said:
    Don't mock- the bearded look is in, apparently. Not that I am capable of growing one.
    I had a beard before they were in and I will still have one when they are unfashionable again..... fuck the hipsters I say.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Actually you're wrong. I just couldn't fuck a guy that felt it trendy to wear his trousers 4" above his shoes with no socks on.

• Those are not shoes, they're loafers.... probably confuses the shit out of cunts like Jim Davison does straight boys in loafers.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • Gassage said:
    In C Numb and OTTA the trem control is frightening.

For me, I love so many of his solo's and sooo many of Pink Floyd's songs, but this performance stands out for me: 

I think it's a better version of Marooned than the album version... the amount of control he has is insane.... finishes up niely with Coming Back to Life and Sorrow too, which are also really good versions!! 
    The Sorrow clip is amazing.

When he hits the opening E chord it's like,"God is in the Building"

• ElectricNoodleElectricNoodle Frets: 19
    edited December 2014
    Looks like I have found my favourite thread on here..  haha 

I only discovered them a few years ago now, but have been hooked ever since...  

Have actually been to see Australian Pink Floyd twice too, and heading to see them again in Feb! Would highly recommend them if you get a chance! They really do manage to capture some of the magic on some tracks, and for me, the best bit is getting to chat to people there that got to see the real Pink Floyd at some point, as I'm 23, so never really got the chance!

Sorrow is always a song I forget about, yet whenever I listen to it, I can't help but think how awesome it is! haha 

I also find it interesting that he uses EMG's in the Strat pack, as from what I've heard other people say, you lose some of the life to your tone if you use them?? I certainly can't notice anything missing anyway.. haha 

Here's another one of my favourites, it's not good quality, but if you can put up with it, then just wait for the solo's to kick in... It's the rawest solo I think I've ever heard... Not quite sure how else to explain it... but I've listened to the whole thing far too many times imagining I was there... haha 

First Solo is at 3:59! 

edited December 2014
    Looks like I have found my favourite thread on here..  haha 

I only discovered them a few years ago now, but have been hooked ever since...  

Have actually been to see Australian Pink Floyd twice too, and heading to see them again in Feb! Would highly recommend them if you get a chance! They really do manage to capture some of the magic on some tracks, and for me, the best bit is getting to chat to people there that got to see the real Pink Floyd at some point, as I'm 23, so never really got the chance!

Sorrow is always a song I forget about, yet whenever I listen to it, I can't help but think how awesome it is! haha 

I also find it interesting that he uses EMG's in the Strat pack, as from what I've heard other people say, you lose some of the life to your tone if you use them?? I certainly can't notice anything missing anyway.. haha 

Here's another one of my favourites, it's not good quality, but if you can put up with it, then just wait for the solo's to kick in... It's the rawest solo I think I've ever heard... Not quite sure how else to explain it... but I've listened to the whole thing far too many times imagining I was there... haha 

Re Aussie Floyd- I know both guitarists very well. David Fowler has my old Cornish P2 and 1975 Script Dynacomp in his rig- all off his muff sounds come from the P2.

Steve's rig is incredible- I have rebuilt it with him- here's some grainy pics. He's got my old Dynacord CLS222 and my Motion Soun rotary speaker cabs...

Steve Mac's studio

Actually- I'm going to start a thread on Steve's rig as it's amazing...

• I've seen the aussie pink Floyd and, frankly, they're one of the best live acts I've seen. Utterly astonishingly good.
    edited December 2014
    I've seen the aussie pink Floyd and, frankly, they're one of the best live acts I've seen. Utterly astonishingly good.
    And, take it from me, the nicest group of guys ever.

The studio, pictured, is called the Austoria - he's got a beer bottle framed that DG drank from when he came to see the TAPFS.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage;450914" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

I've seen the aussie pink Floyd and, frankly, they're one of the best live acts I've seen. Utterly astonishingly good.

The studio, pictured, is called the Austoria - he's got a beer bottle framed that DG drank from when he came to see the TAPFS.
    I've awarded you a lol because that is the frankly bonkers level of love that is hilarious.

But I would chop off my hand and frame it if John frusciante shook it so I totally get it.

Nice to hear they're nice chaps, too. The show I saw was fairly small, Cambridge corn exchange, but the lights, atmosphere, sound... Everything was spot on and if I closed my eyes, it was pink Floyd (who I'll sadly never see).

The first tribute band to make me "get" tribute bands.
  • Gassage;450914" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

I've awarded you a lol because that is the frankly bonkers level of love that is hilarious.

But I would chop off my hand and frame it if John frusciante shook it so I totally get it.

Nice to hear they're nice chaps, too. The show I saw was fairly small, Cambridge corn exchange, but the lights, atmosphere, sound... Everything was spot on and if I closed my eyes, it was pink Floyd (who I'll sadly never see).

The first tribute band to make me "get" tribute bands.
    Totally agree... I love how happy they are too, you can really tell how much they enjoy doing it, which makes it even better! 
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Gassage said:
    he's got a beer bottle framed that DG drank from when he came to see the TAPFS.

Ye gods.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7751
    I've got a mug here that @Lixarto once drank from - it has been washed since though.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom