Walden guitars

gilbygilby Frets: 176
Hi all. After a bit of advice please. chap at work has put a walden supernatura up for sale in the work classifeds. I'm quite tempted and I have been meaning to move up from the yam 500 apx for a while. I don't need the electro side of things and this walden does look the part (may be a bit too much for my tastes) but he seems to have a realistic idea of pricing but hasn't got back to me yet. I know nothing of these guitars, is there much love for them ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    edited December 2014
    I had a Walden for a year and for the price was one of the best guitars in have owned all solid woods, lovely tone and an action akin to an electrics, it did have a bit of movement in the cold but over all really a great guitar, play it first (as with all acoustics) but they re great guitars.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6071
    I've owned a Supernatura G1070 for about 8 years and am really happy with it. The neck is very slim, perhaps too much so for some people, but is as stable as a rock thanks to the carbon-fibre inserts.
    I'm always surprised how good it sounds if I've been away from it for a while. The G1070 is a very light, resonant instrument so sounds lovely when finger-picking. I'd prefer a wider nut (ala a Seagull), but apart from that I can't fault it. I agree with @mrchi  in that they are great guitars.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"