Where to go

What's Hot
Following my last post I've deceided to go shopping between birmingham and london , any recommendations ? Looking at the 500-1000 mark
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PMT have a good range of faith guitars not much else (northampton)
    Express music coventry have a lot of Taylors and Martins and various other stuff on a whole floor. (worth a look)
    GuitarGuitar Birmingham 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Guitar Village. Not really on the way but worth every moment of the detour.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    Coda in Stevenage have a good acoustic selection.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 188
    Cheers guys, I'll head north I think
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835

If you're in London, Hanks in Denmark Street and Macaris in Charing Cross Road,

both have very good selections.

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    proggy said:

If you're in London, Hanks in Denmark Street and Macaris in Charing Cross Road,

both have very good selections.

If you are in this part of the world then Ivor Mairants is only 5 minutes walk away.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Yeah, I forgot about Ivor Mairants. That's a good shop.
    They sell those lovely Brook guitars.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5132
    edited December 2014

A bit of a detour (although not a massive one if you're heading up the M1), but Sheehan's in Leicester have a large selection of acoustics including some nice higher-end stuff and some very tasty Lowdens and the like.

+1 for Express Music in Cov. Well stocked, friendly and helful in my experience.

There's a mahoosive branch of PMT in Birmingham with a large acoustic section. The singer from my band bought her Taylor there, but didn't appreciate the recommendation of a smaller guitar "because of (her) lady lumps". That after she had convinced them that yes, she was in actual fact a female guitar player (a good one too, IMO) and that yes, that was a thing.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Ah- I see from your other thread that you're interested in Stonebridge guitars. Maybe visit Richard's Guitars in Stratford-on-Avon? (Not far south of B'ham on the M40). He's a Stonebridge and Faith dealer and should have some in stock. Might be worth calling ahead though- he's a one man operation so opening hours are subject to change from time to time.

http://rguitars.co.uk/

FWIW, a friend of mine bough a Stonebridge guitar from him a few years back and it was bloody fantastic.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.