New guitar teacher needed

What's Hot
TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
Recently moved back to London after a few years in Devon. Am now looking for a guitar teacher to take lessons with but not sure where to start. Would prefer word-of-mouth recommendations or perhaps some guidance if anyone has experience in this?

I am in Greenwich/Blackheath but happy to travel.

We have the Blackheath Conservatoire down the road and they do group style lessons, but I am really after a 1-on-1 lesson. I've also taken a look at the RGT website - any experience on whether these dudes are any good?

Ideally looking to formalise my learning into grades.

Many thanks!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I took a lesson with Dario Cortese in London - good bloke and a great player.
    Look him up.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4692
    There's a chap in Bromley/Grove Park name of Frank **** (can't remember) who I found on the RGT site.  He seems pretty knowledgeable (to me) and is a nice guy.  I am all but a total novice with only a few chords to my name (and a few seconds between some of them) but he has pointed me in the right direction on a few things and given me interesting stuff to learn.
    Quite local to you so might be worth checking out.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • nickpnickp Frets: 183
    edited December 2014
    dario cortese + 1 - jump at the chance as he is in the top echelon of players and teachers.  and if he can't fit you in etc then ask as he's sure to be able to recommend a top notch teacher
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    edited January 2015
    Look up an old mate of mine called Dave Price
    top fella.. and a totally off the scale player
    I think he's in the Sidcup area
    play every note as if it were your first
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    Cheers, I'll give him a ring.

• CapeloCapelo Frets: 17
    Not to close to you, but I m now taking lessons from a guy called Darius and I am really happy with him. He's updating with website, so it aint' in top shape yet. Here's the link in case useful. 

First lesson last night from a dude named John Hudson. Pretty good, obviously knows his stuff and gets it across easily. Based in Peckham/Dulwich/Blackheath if anyone is interested.

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1769
    I can't recommend anybody specifically, but the RGT electric guitar grades are very good IMO as they teach both rhythm and lead playing along with improvisation, sight reading, and music theory. Much better than the grades where you have to learn pieces, IMO.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    edited January 2015
    Yeah I think I am going to do the RGT grades at least consolidate my pieces of knowledge. I will keep the certificates to display at gigs for when people yell "You're shit".

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom