Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

My Bedroom Practice Set up is......

What's Hot

Comments

• My Super Strat into a Peavy Valve King II 20w with a Digitech RP500 in the FX loop to help keep the volume manageable! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22706
    Unplugged electrics.

I've got some little amps which aren't too loud for home use but it's a pain in the arse digging out my 1x12" and setting it all up so I never bother.

I've also got a Boss eBand JS-10 but I've never found the time to get to grips with it.

• If the wife and sproglet are out, it's my gigging rig - Jaden Rose S2/TC G-Major/Decatone. If I need to keep it quiet (or I'm recording something), it's the S2 and Eleven Rack.

I've honestly tried all the software solutions - Guitar Rig, Amplitube, Bias Desktop, Revalver 4 etc - and not a single one comes close to the tones I can get out of the Eleven. It's a vastly underrated unit for recording.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited December 2014
    I play unplugged or into GearBox a lot, but usually it's my Mesa Mark Five 25 plus large pedalboard. Various guitars.

My family have gone off me a bit since I got that amp. :D
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    thr10 for me...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Usually it's a 64 SG Junior with lots of pedals a Fuchs, an 18w MJW with a Fender Reverb Unit, a 36w MJW and a Fender Greta for good measure.
  • I don't play the guitar in my bedroom.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Dean --> iPad (BIAS/Jamup)
    Dean --> Laney IRT Studio in the >1w input
    Dean --> iPad --> Laney FX return
    Or unplugged :)

I have tendancies to forget I live with other people though, and so I end up plugged into the Laney in 15w mode with the volume pretty fkn high.

I'm hated by my family :D especially when my dad is smart enough to know I can use the Laney with headphones.

May end up with a THR10 for shiggles at some point too.
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Mostly a home player these days so my rig is my play thing - various guitars into a my smallish pedal board (6 pedals) and then onto a Carr Sportsman (18watt 1x12 princeton inspired amp). I have yet to find a small modelling amp I like for the quite moments and have tried most of the mass-market stuff. Come on manufacturers, give us some decent modellling at Winter NAMM please!
  • Laney L5T Lionheart, my big small amp. When it's headphones time I'm iPad + Apogee Jam.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • nickpnickp Frets: 183
     ipad + jamup  + headphones

or the new Blackstar HT 20w practice amp with the ipad running through the mp3 input if I'm playing without headphones 

+ any of the guitars
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3320
    I don't play out these days so I either use my PRS SE20 amp into a 4x12 as it sounds nice low or full volume or I'll use iPad with bias or jamup pro. For guitars it's either my McCarty or jaguar
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3613
    Bedroom set up is:

Fender Strat '89 into a  Valvestate 20.

The other stuff is downstairs. 
  • I mainly go into my Mac via a Focusrite interface, running guitar rig 5. This way I can jam along to youtube videos, itunes etc and have it all in my headphones.

I also use a Cube 40xl
  • BensonBenson Frets: 242
    Line 6 HD500 into Focusrite Pro40 into iMac and a pair of KRK monitors.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    edited December 2014
    Like a lot of people I play unplugged a lot, but when I don't it's either MiM tele or Epi Dot into a very old Marshall MG15CDR which sounds OK for noodling at home. I've just bought an iRig so will sit down with that over Xmas and see how I like it. 

My pedals are usually left at the practice room so only use them when there or if I've got some new stuff I want to tinker around with.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• ...the same as my gigging rig.

Guitar (current gigging guitar is my PRS Starla X, but for home noodling it's whichever I fancy)

-> Polytune

-> OD pedal of choice (currently Monte Allums Versa Drive)

-> ??? (currently my BYOC flanger, which I only just got round to labelling the controls on)

-> Vox Delaylab

-> Cornell Romany Plus

The only problem being that any time I might get a chance to play at home my kids (4 and 2) want to jam, which generally involves stomping on random footswitches, getting my other guitars out and generally manhandling and mistreating them and otherwise making it impossible to actually play the guitar. Once they're in bed, bedroom playing isn't really practical and our open plan ground floor means that the rest of the house is closed to guitar playing if Mrs_bob is about.

For those occasions there's also a Zoom G3 and headphones. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• i only play at home so i use an axe fx 2 with either headphones or a set of monitors.

I have a sonic port on the way for Christmas so will be even more portable with the ipad

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Mine is on the right of the picture. Laney Cub into a 2x12
  • PRS Sc245 into Diezel Herbert+ Zilla Super Fatboy or Jamup depending how much I like the neighbors on any particular day.