Design idea help/advice please

enteeentee Frets: 93
edited December 2014 in Making & Modding
Hello all!  I have limited experience of building guitars, only having thrown together LP and Strat copies.  I would like to build up a guitar and have been advised as I have no woodworking skills, to buy in a ready made neck (Warmoth or similar) and design the body, seeing if a forum member can build and rout the body, leaving me to assemble neck to body, finish body wok and wire up pickups etc.
Am looking at either tapped humbuckers or TV Jones, in a Gretsch Billy Bo/Vox Phantom figured type body.  I play rhythmn guitar exclusively so 10" or so radius neck?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated....  cheers, Nick
Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Contact this company they will make you a guitar body

• hmm links not allowed ? i have no affiliation to this company
    but here is the name google search them guitarbuild  they are uk based
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    edited December 2014
    Links work fine, you just type the url in:
    http://www.guitarbuild.co.uk
  • enteeentee Frets: 93
    thanks guys, link is fine.  I will drop them a line with a possible body shape and see what they can come up with...
    Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
    dropped these guys an email but they want a design on a CAD program, not just a scrap of paper  lol
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    Google sketchup is a fairly easy to use way of knocking up a CAD drawing, and free!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    BigMonka said:
    Google sketchup is a fairly easy to use way of knocking up a CAD drawing, and free!

Thank you, I will take a look at that  :)
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3005
    If not Guitarbuild I think I saw that @GSPBasses of this forum had the templates to do a BillyBo