My ambitions for 2015 . . .

. . . are twofold.

1) To spend the year writing and performing on acoustic, probably solo.

2) To try and debut some looped, maybe ambient stuff, also on acoustic.

I play bass in a band too, but we mostly do the same stuff (originals, but I've been playing them for years) every time we play so apart from adding wah to the mix for my occasional solos I don't intend to expand much on that.

To accomplish #1 (which is the more important of the two to me) I'm going to endeavour to keep a diary to encourage myself to spend some time every day (we'll see how that goes ;) ) working on my song writing. Whilst the music could probably do with some work, the most important challenge this year is going to be lyric writing, something I feel needs work to reach a more interesting height than I've managed to date.

The biggest challenge is stage fright, I did a few open mike nights a year or so ago, but hit a wall when playing one in particular when there were a lot of friends watching me, and I haven't played for a year now. I could play a gig in front of thousands with a day's notice if it was on bass, but a solo performance in front of a small pub audience is scary :)

#2 is easier in that I have pretty much all the gear, but less time where I can make noise, so that I'll just have to fit in where I can.

If I achieve anything of note I'll post it here :)
"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments