Mando Strat

What's Hot
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• martmart Frets: 5205
    That's quite a bargain, but I can't say like the look of it. And calling it a Strat is stretching things!

I think one of the reasons I was drawn to the mandobird (as in my avatar) is that it really looks like a firebird.
  • I have! Lots of fun. Not as easy to play as my usual mando- string tension seemed higher. I'm not sure why.
    For that price you can't go wrong!
    Thomman do something similar too for £65 IIRC, but that doesn't have the F-word on it!
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I've been waiting for these to plummet but I want the 4 string version, boo!
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    dindude said:
    Just buy the 8-string version, and our man at Cleartone conversions will turn it into a 4-string, suitable for the sausage-fingered.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    mart said:
    dindude said:
    Just buy the 8-string version, and our man at Cleartone conversions will turn it into a 4-string, suitable for the sausage-fingered.
    Haha, I just spotted that Thomann are doing the 4 string for £133 so all good.

Need the 4 string because this guy is my youtube hero!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    I'll stick to this :http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag268/mrmatthewharper/20140917_172205_zpshi0bqceu.jpg

I can't play mandolin, and have no interest to so this is perfect, errington guitar o lin.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I have the 4-string. Brilliant, but it feels weird having learned mandolin on an 8-string acoustic... Meanwhile, I can feel my wallet starting to panic!
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    i made a SG shaped mandoguitar a few years back (12 string, tuned like a guitar)

it went to the owner of this one

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Is there anything to stop you tuning the 4 string one like a uke/ top 4 of a guitar rather than mandolin tuning?
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • dindude;456778" said:
    mart said:

dindude said:

Haha, I just spotted that Thomann are doing the 4 string for £133 so all good.

Need the 4 string because this guy is my youtube hero!

Damn it now which one to get?!