Buying from Prymaxe/PGS

What's Hot
gjonesygjonesy Frets: 145
So Prymaxe has a sale on and Im wondering if there are any issues buying from them or PGS and getting things into the UK? Ive looked at the usual UK suppliers (joes, guitarbox etc.) but If theres a EU seller I should look at please let me know
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MtBMtB Frets: 922
    I have bought a Diamond compressor pedal from PGS in the past couple of years and not had any issues. I don't believe there was an import duty / vat charge - as I wasn't asked to pay anything by the postie.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    (Obviously?) Make sure that you factor in to your cost comparison the import duty (3.5% I think) and VAT (20%) plus check their shipping rates and our postal system "handling charge" of £15. All of these you may or may not get charged (IMO) dependent on the shipping that they use. 
  • gjonesygjonesy Frets: 145
    Thanks @MtB Ive gone for it, fingers crossed
    I should have added that I've also bought a pair of Weber 12F150 speakers, a Weber amp kit, and 2 guitars from the States. One of the guitars was problematic, but I got it eventually (the guy building it was a twat), and the other was bought from a shop and was no problem. 
  • MattGMattG Frets: 170
    I bought a fuzzy boost from prymaxe last year, much cheaper then it would have been here even if i had of been hit with import duties which i wasn't
    pedal arrived quickly and absolutely first class customer service
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ive gone for an eqd sound shank, couldnt find one at joes/guitarfx/box. Was tempted with the Arc crimson king but its in a bigger box and space is at a premium on my board
    So its a good news story. 
    I ordered from Prymaxe on the 28th, it was shipped out on the 29th, delivery was attempted yesterday, picked up from the depot today with no charges to pay (yet?).
    Given it was the holiday season and it came from the States I think thats pretty good
    Turns out the pedal may be a prototype too (it says proto on the box) - that means something to some people
    anyways it sounds great, I'm chuffed
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Did you have to pay any import duty?
    edited January 2015
    The postie didn't ask for any payment. I'm waiting just in case
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11860
    gjonesy;467996" said:
    The postie didn't ask for any payment. I'm waiting just in case
    Does it say anything about customs duties on the box? If it doesn't then you are fine.

edited January 2015
    Nothing on the label, Edit - txt removed
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    As I've commented before in a previous thread it's not really fair on companies to post information relating to customs and duty charges and if the package got through unscathed.

It could potentially set the companies in question up for a very difficult time and is really something that should be kept private between the individual and whoever they purchase from.

It also makes very difficult reading for UK based pedal suppliers who are struggling as it is let alone with the added problems of competing with prices that potentially have no duty attached.

Just my thoughts!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26918
    I'm not in the UK, but I've just jumped on a b-stock Univibe from Prymaxe's ebay store. Will update if/when it gets here!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    I did not request any special terms/treatment from the supplier so dont feel that it strictly needs to be private. However I get your point and have edited to remove this info especially as this isnt a closed forum. If someone wants to know any more details of my experience they can PM me.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9513
    Ive ordered dozens of pedals from Prymaxe. Very fast, efficient service.

Sometime customs nail you, sometimes they don't.

There are ways to stack the odds in your favour, and some USA companies will 'help you out'.... That's all i'm disclosing ! :)