Vox Valvetronix VT40+ in a mix - recorded through the line out!

This is not mine (if only I could play & record this well!) but has just been posted over at Valvetronix.net and on you-tube.

When you consider this is a £149 modelling amp, it really shows what its capabilities are in the right hands!   Have a listen and see what you think!

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 996
    edited December 2014
    i wish i could make mine sound this good/play that well (have a vt 40+ myself).

am now going to read the instruction manual and try and do more than just the presets (with effects added myself).

i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What cab IR's did he use?

In my experience, they are what make or break direct recording sounds.  I just use POD Farm and my Blackstar HT Metal for heavy stuff, but when I had a trial of Torpedo wall of sound, I could run a line 6 model through it and it would sound quite incredible. 
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    i wish i could make mine sound this good/play that well (have a vt 40+ myself).

am now going to read the instruction manual and try and do more than just the presets (with effects added myself).

Same!

• enteeentee Frets: 93
    I have the 20+....think I need to read the instructions AGAIN too!
    Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    edited December 2014
    Guys, take it from me...to learn about the amp forget the factory presets. Set the amp to manual mode and build patches from there. Start with all the effects turned off other than perhaps a touch of reverb. Get the feel of the amp models and EQ first. Each amp model has its sweetspot and the EQ works differently with different amp types. Take the noise reduction off and add only as needed.

And a big consideration is to understand the interaction between the gain, volume, master volume and power selector (see FAQ*) If the power selector is set too low, it will sap tone. The Master Volume is what pushes the valve. Too low and you will lose dynamics: too high and your tone can get spongy on certain models.

Pop into and join Valvetronix.net and you'll have access to a ton of help in the FAQ* section and there's a tech section for mods and stuff too.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    Cool. I bought one used for £100 to use as a beater on less than savoury venues but I've grown fond of it as a practice amp. My favourite amp sim is the Cali Clean (Green) which is a G65-A Fender Pro. No idea how it's supposed to sound, but I like how the sim sounds. I'll try doing some manual patches too.