Baja Tele mods thread.

What's Hot
LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
edited December 2014 in Making & Modding
Gonna use this as a place to detail a few mods I've done to the Tele I recently bought.

I spoke to a likely lad in a Denmark Street shop who said that to have the guitar routed for a Humbucker would cost me £100. Not sure how they arrived at that price. 

I thought, sod that, I'll do it myself. So today I went down to Homebase and bought a router and went to town. It didn't end up a masterpiece but isn't too shoddy at all, and it fit in nicely. I'm happy enough, and feel satisfied to have done it myself. Unfortunately a bit of lacquer cracked off in the corner of one of the routes, but that's all hidden by the pickguard. I may go back and tidy it all up tomorrow morning. 

I stuck the bakelite guard on it and also fitted the Electrosocket. You'll also have noticed (if observant) that one of the knobs is a heavy knurl - tomorrow I'll get another 250k pot, take out the S1 switching and 4 way and put it to normal Tele wiring. Can't wait to hear the guitar. 

The Bakelite guard looks lovely. I still have another Oil City pickup (Thames Delta) in it's box, but I'll probably save that and the Twisted Tele neck pickup I removed for something further down the line. 

Here's a few pictures: 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments